BSc (Hons) Strength, Conditioning and RehabilitationUniversity of Derby
About this program
BSc (Hons) Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation
Prepare for a successful career in a rapidly growing area of sport. We will equip you with highly specialised skills for professional roles in strength and conditioning, rehabilitation and injury risk reduction.
KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE: Experience the latest training methods and applications to help athletes maximise their performance, return from injury and the threat of injury. You’ll study core modules in strength and conditioning and rehabilitation to provide you with specialist knowledge, combined with optional modules.
WORK READY: To ensure you’re well prepared for employment, you’ll use our links with industry to go on mandatory work placements in your first and second year, followed by an optional placement in your third year.
PROFESSIONAL CREDIBILITY: This course is a route to professional accreditation in strength and conditioning due to our curriculum being aligned to the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) guidelines.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Develop your skills in in our bespoke strength and conditioning suite which includes a VICON 3D motion capture system and integrated Kistler Force Plates. In addition to these facilities, we have a well-equipped physiology laboratory, and a separate biomechanics laboratory containing the latest equipment for movement analysis.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Take advantage of opportunities to gain additional vocational qualifications, such as various coaching and first aid awards throughout the course.
- EXPERT TEACHING: Our teaching team include accredited professionals who will provide you with high quality teaching and support. They are actively involved in research, high-performance sport and applied sport science consultancy. They are also members of leading professional bodies, including the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association and the Society of Sports Therapists.
WHAT YOU'LL COVER:
- In your first year, you'll learn the key principles which underpin sport performance including anatomy, psychology and rehabilitation. You will then go on to develop essential knowledge about the science behind human strength and conditioning, exploring injury rehabilitation methods and performing assessments and testing on athletes in our laboratories. In your third year, you will choose from a selection of optional modules, from sport science through to advanced athlete testing and assessment.
HOW YOU'RE ASSESSED:
- Assessments will employ a combination of theoretical and practical assignments, such as case study presentations, field based assessments, written coursework, and professional discussions.
- This course offers a solid platform for employment in areas such as elite and participation sport, strength and conditioning, rehabilitation and sport coaching. You can also consider taking your qualifications to the next level with postgraduate study.
This course is available with a Foundation Year option.
- This course is also available with an Industrial Placement Year.
Chat live with students from University of Derby
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Derby? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Qualification requirementsQualification Offer Further information UCAS Tariff 120 points Your offer will be based on your predicted grades from your core A2s (full A levels), BTEC Diploma etc. We will accept up to 16 points towards the total from level 3 qualifications such as AS (where those AS levels are not taken on to A2 level), the Extended Project, or Music qualifications. We usually consider an A Level in General Studies as a supplementary qualification. A good application/performance will be taken into account if you do not meet the criteria / offer. A level BBB Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) DDM Access to HE Diploma D: 15 credits
M: 24 credits
P: 6 credits Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits with 45 at Level 3 GCSE/National 4/National 5 GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Fees and funding
Tuition feesChannel Islands £9,250 Year 1 EU £9,250 Year 1 International £14,045 Year 1 England £9,250 Year 1 Northern Ireland £9,250 Year 1 Scotland £9,250 Year 1 Wales £9,250 Year 1
Additional fee informationNo additional fees or cost information has been supplied for this course, please contact the provider directly.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Derby
Here at the University of Derby we believe anything is possible. With a broad range of courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level, we can help you get your career off to a great start. We know how important it...
University of Derby
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!