About this program
BA (Hons) Creative Expressive Arts, Health and Wellbeing
Learn to use creative arts, dance, drama, and music in therapeutic ways to improve lives. Based in dedicated studios, this inspiring course focuses on performance, exhibition and promoting wellbeing.
Learn how to use the arts as a tool to work with others in a positive and therapeutic way on this innovative course.
- Develop your skills in the applied arts as an Arts & Health Practitioner
- Develop professional and personal skills for fulfilling careers in a wide range of arts, health, social care, and educational settings
- Gain exciting practical experience through work-based learning and placements with our partner organisations in the community.
Chat live with students from University of Derby
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Derby? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
UCAS points: 112
Specific requirements at A-level: No specific subject requirements
Specific requirements at GCSE: GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
IELTS: 6.0 (with 5.5 in each skills area)
Interview / Audition: N/A
Portfolio: Yes - see portfolio information
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
You'll study modules such as:
- The Healthy Practitioner
- Effective Communication
- Human Development and Play
- Working Creatively with Groups
- Arts, Culture and Wellbeing
- The Creative Self
- The Developing Practitioner
- Concept of Self
- Working Creatively with People 2
- Interpersonal Development
- Wellbeing and Society
- The Emerging Pracitioner
- The Professional Self
- The Professional Practitioner
- The Nature of Evidence
- Group Work in Community Placement or Group Work in Community Extended Placement*
- Independent Scholarship or Independent Study*
* You will choose either Group Work in Community Placement and Independent Scholarship or Group Work in Community Extended Placement and Independent Study.
The course balances classroom-based theory with practical sessions involving studio, performance and exhibition work. The focus is on developing your transferable skills so that you can adapt to varied and changing circumstances. Placements are a key part of your learning experience too.
Throughout the course, you have access to guidance and advice from a personal tutor and will also benefit from academic skills sessions.
UK: £9,250 per year
International and EU: £14,045 per year
UK: £1,155 per 20 credit module
You’ll develop transferable skills which enable you to work creatively with people in a range of different settings, drawing on your knowledge of art, dance, drama or music.
Our graduates have gone on to work in community arts, voluntary organisations, health, education and the corporate sector. Some have set up their own businesses.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Derby
Here at the University of Derby we believe anything is possible. With a broad range of courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level, we can help you get your career off to a great start. We know how important it...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Creative Expressive Arts, Health and Wellbeing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Murfreesboro, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Alliance, United States of America