BA (Hons) Business ManagementUniversity of Derby
BA (Hons) Business Management
All available course dates
BA (Hons) Business Management
Join one of the best business management degrees in the UK — we've been ranked in the Top 20 for two years running (Guardian University Guide 2021).
We're looking for students who want to 'do' business, as well as learn about business — is that you? From the get-go, you'll be thinking about how to apply what you're learning, through topical case studies, business simulations, real consultancy projects and work placements.
Spend the first year covering all aspects of business management to find out where your passions and talents lie.
From year two, you can continue on a general Business Management pathway or choose one of the following:
- Business Management (Business Technology)
- Business Management (Enterprise)
- Business Management (Finance)
- Business Management (Human Resource Management)
- Business Management (Marketing)
- Business Management(Supply Chain and Logistics)
All pathways are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, which means you gain an extra professional qualification on top of your degree as well as professional mentoring and access to CMI member benefits.
Most of the specialist pathways are also approved by other professional bodies — CIM, CIMA and CIPD — giving you extra credibility and exemptions from future professional exams.
Chat live with students from University of Derby
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Derby? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- UCAS points - 120
- Specific requirements at GCSE -GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- IELTS -6.0 (with 5.5 in each skills area)
- BTEC - DDM
- Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15 Merit: 24 Pass: 6.Must include passes in compulsory Level 3 subjects
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Understanding People in Organisations
- Developing a Professional Mindset
- Business Economics
- Finance and Business Performance
- Developing an Enterprising Mindset
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Quantitative Skills for Business
- Principles of Responsible Management
- Applied Operations Management
- Managing Performance through People
- Enterprise Management
- Public Relations and Media Management
- People Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Managing Financial Resources
- Public and Third Sector Economics
- The Corporate IT Landscape
- Digital and Social Media
- Employee Development
- Creativity and Innovation
- Project Strategy
- Personal Finance
- Global Business and Strategy
- Developing Leadership and Management
- The Business Consultancy Project
- International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- The Lean Business Venture
- Marketing Across Cultures
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Comparative International HRM
- Retail Distribution Logistics
- International Entrepreneurship
- Brand Impact and Popular Culture
- Managing the Evolving Employment Relationship
- Economics of Sustainable Business Growth
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Our teaching methods will be varied, interactive and engaging. You will take part in:
- formal lectures, sometimes involving guest speakers
- tutor-led and student-led seminars
- one-to-one and small group tutorials
- work experience and consultancy projects
- self-directed study
- optional placement and internship opportunities
- joint projects with overseas students.
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International / EU students: £14,045 per year
- UK students: £1,155 per 20 credit module
You could continue your studies with one of our masters programmes, including the MBA Global and MBA Global Finance or MSc International Business.
Because this is such a broad degree,lots of differentjob roles will be open to you, in areas such as project management, analysis, consultancy, accountancy, operations, human resource management, marketing, sales, logistics and finance. Previous students have gone on to work for prominent employers — including Deloitte, PwC, Capita, the BBC, DHL, Barclays, Tata, Mott MacDonald and IBM — while others have set up their own businesses.
About this institute
University of Derby
Here at the University of Derby we believe anything is possible. With a broad range of courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level, we can help you get your career off to a great start. We know how important it...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Business Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
British Columbia, Canada
Campbellsville, United States of America