BA (Hons) in International Business ManagementUniversity of Cumbria
About this program
BA (Hons) in International Business Management
If you aspire to work in the global business world and with multi-national companies, our course is the springboard for your career.
You’ll critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, learn how to provide creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership.
You will be taught to critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, and learn how to provide creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership. We will teach you to contextualise business management and practice across a range of public, private and third stream organisations in local, regional, national, international and global contexts.
In addition to studying at our Lancaster campus, you can also choose to study at our collaborative partner FAME based in Malaysia.
96-112 UCAS tariff points.
The potential to succeed can be measured in a number of ways including academic qualifications and skills obtained outside academic study such as work experience. We have a points range so we can take into account all of the information on your application form and adjust the offer from the evidence provided.
You can find out more about the tariff and qualification options from the UCAS tariff table.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Managing People and Organisations
- The Business Environment
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Fundamentals of Business
- Principles of Marketing
- Management Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour
- Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainability in Practice
- Global Systems Business and Culture
- In year placement
- Services Marketing
- Managing Operations
- International Economics
- Strategic Analysis
- International Marketing
Optional modules (subject to availability and demand)
- Applied Business Research and Analysis
- Independent Project
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Global Business
- International Human Resource Management
We also offer this course with a year placement or an integrated foundation year.
- Home students Tuition Fees: £9,250 per year
- Overseas studentsTuition Fees: £12,800 per year
With the skills you develop on this course, you will be equipped with a significant understanding of advanced intercultural communication skills that will serve you well in a wide range of businesses. Your course will equip you with a wide variety of transferable skills which are valued by employers such as:
- An understanding of organisational behaviour and structure
- Analytical and critical thinking
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- Keen decision-making
- Persuasive written and oral communication
- Numeracy and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data
- Self-reliance, initiative and the ability to manage time, projects and resources
- Appreciation of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes
- Research skills
Message the school
About this institute
University of Cumbria
We are the University of Cumbria, where the impossible is made possible. A distinct university in a unique place that has inspired generations to conquer the problems of their age. Pioneers of mountaineering, art, literature and conservation all started here. Now...
Why study at University of Cumbria
Why choose Cumbria?
- We are ranked 8th in the World and 1st in the UK for Quality Education (SDG4) (Times Higher University IMPACT Rankings 2020
- We are rated amongst the best in the UK for graduate employability, with 96% of our graduates in employment or undertaking further study within 15 months of graduating (Higher Education Statistic Agency, HESA, 2020)
- We have one of the top 8 Law Schools in England (according to the Guardian University Rankings 2020)
- With Cumbria, you can study at a University that keeps you safe and supports you every step of the way
We are a University born of pioneers:
Pioneers of Art
- Our Institute of the Arts has produced a number of movers and shakers in the cultural and creative industries sectors, including a Turner Prize winner (the highest accolade available to a British Artist)
Pioneers of Education
- We are highly rated as a supplier of teachers regionally and nationally, our reputation is built on an exceptional legacy of education training spanning over 100 years,
- The legacy of Charlotte Mason, a world-renowned educator who lived in Ambleside at the turn of the 19th Century, lives on within Cumbria, as evidenced by our performance in the Times Higher (World) University Impact Rankings 2020.
- The Charlotte Mason method is based on her firm belief that a child is a person and we must educate that whole person, not just their mind. A Charlotte Mason education is three-pronged: in her words, “Education is an Atmosphere, a Discipline, a Life.”
- The Charlotte Mason method and philosophy forms the basis of the USA approach to Home School, which is widely used throughout the USA to this very day.
Pioneers of Conservation
- As a University, we also house the National School of Forestry, on our Ambleside campus in the heart of the Lake District National Park and UNESCO World Heritage Centre, where students learn the science and art of conserving and sustainably managing trees, woods and forests
- Cumbria’s natural habitats support 25% of all species in the UK Biodiversity Action Plan and 80% of our coastline is classified as being of international wildlife importance. Our Conservation courses are so unique due to the practical use of these priceless natural resources.
- Our planet needs woodland ecologists and conservation graduates to secure its future, and so, we’ve designed courses (such as Woodland Ecology and Conservation, Marine and Freshwater Conservation and Forestry Management) for people who are passionate about protecting woodlands and the future of the earth
Pioneers of Mountaineering
- As a sport, rock climbing is generally accepted as having started in the Lake District in the 1800s. This was soon followed by the formation of the early clubs, with the early British pioneers making bold and epic ascents in the Alps and other areas of the Continent. The Alpine Club, the world’s first mountaineering club, was formed in 1857.
- Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England, is located in the middle of the Lake District in Cumbria. This mountain is nearly 978 meters tall and the summit stretches along for 100 miles; on a crystal clear day, you get a panoramic view of Wales, Scotland, and even Ireland
- World-famous mountaineer Simon Yates recently led an online interactive panel at the University of Cumbria to explore big questions about some of the country’s best and most loved landscapes. A team of experts were at the ready to answer crucial queries about our national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Pioneers of Digital Health
- The piloting by UoC in the summer of 2017 of a new “tele-triage” scheme has helped reduce the number of elderly patients admitted to hospital; the scheme makes use of high definition iPads which are issued to the care homes. Instead of dialing 111 when a resident falls ill, trained staff will be able to contact a senior nurse at any time of day or night. The iPad’s camera - together with information provided by staff who’ll be trained to take blood pressure, oxygen saturation levels and temperature - will enable the nurse to help diagnose and recommend treatment.
Pioneers of Literature
- Taylor Swift sings that our beautiful Cumbrian fells are where poets come to die but, as she found out, here is where they come to write.
- Cumbria and the Lake District are the birthplaces or home of choice to some of the UK's most famous writers including none other than children's book author and creator of the famous Peter Rabbit - Beatrix Potter, poet William Wordsworth, Sir Samuel Coleridge, walking guide writer Alfred Wainwright, author and broadcaster Sir Melvyn Bragg, writer and philosopher John Ruskin, author Arthur Ransome, and writer and creator of our beloved Postman Pat - John Cunliffe. So, as a writer (or songwriter) you will be in good company.
- Not only is William Wordsworth one of the most influential British poets in terms of the development of poetic language, but his insights regarding the importance of living in harmony with the natural environment also seem to speak more powerfully to us today than ever before. the poet was also one of the first environmental campaigners.
Our areas of expertise
Art / Design / Media
- Be part of a dynamic, creative and supportive global community and make the impossible happen
- Develop the flexible and entrepreneurial skills that are in demand worldwide to succeed as a confident, forward-thinking practitioner in today’s constantly shifting cultural landscape
- Engage with experts with international reputations in the field of sustainability and leadership
- Be empowered through imaginative practical assignments and be challenged to take action
- Contribute to the debate around leadership and sustainability as instruments and concepts to affect social change
- Experience a personal transformation and develop skills that will help you to excel in the globally competitive marketplace
- Embrace adventure and inspiration at the only UK campus in a National Park and UNESCO site, minutes from epic mountain trails and Lake Windermere for a study experience like no other on the planet.
- Learn to protect the future of animals and their habitats on a course where the Lake District – one of the UK’s oldest national parks - is your outdoor classroom.
- Learning and living in this inspiring environment, you’ll be discovering many of the UK’s most iconic and endangered wildlife, diverse habitats, ecosystems and important conservation sites with hands-on research opportunities throughout your studies here.
- Explore a future career as a sustainable leader as climate disruption increases
- Our leading world-renowned researchers will help you develop the skills you need to excel in a globally competitive workplace.
- We have the ultimate outdoor research lab to explore exciting questions, awesome landscapes, diverse habitats and ancient woodlands. Crammed with valleys, mountains and lakes where better in the UK to study geography, conservation, outdoor studies and forestry.
- Be more than you thought possible. We equip you with all you need to become a world changer lifesaver, caregiver or influencer and make someone’s day, every day.
- Care for others and change the world around you every day.
- Study Law at a modern, forward-thinking, practice-oriented Law School, taught by nationally and internationally renowned solicitors
- Gain vital professional insights and hands-on legal experience working with clients and law firms in real cases
- Access and use our unique virtual Law clinic platform to develop digital lawyering skills to boost your awareness and application of legal ethics, professional values and responsibility
- Study these globally respected, high demand professions to help people worldwide to improve the quality of their lives
- Small class sizes, an excellent balance between academic skills and hands-on practice, fantastic facilities and individual support and guidance, make Cumbria the stand-out choice
- Approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), you will be eligible to apply for registration to practice in the UK upon successful completion of the course
- Make a career change; make a difference to the world you live in
- Make a positive difference locally, nationally and internationally
- A career that gives you the power to inspire a whole generation, worldwide
- Train to Teach at one of the UK’s largest and most effective providers of teacher training
Want to know more about BA (Hons) in International Business Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!