Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The University of Buckingham is unique in being able to provide you with a fast track to success:
- Study psychology single honours or with one of several minor combinations (see below).
- Two-year psychology degree programme: the same amount of teaching time as a three-year programme in two years.
- A variety of subjects to give you a good coverage of applied psychology including Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Health Psychology and more.
- Excellent staff to student ratio so you are not simply another face in the crowd.
- Small group tutorials, of around six students, conducted by course lecturers not teaching assistants or postgraduate students.
The programme is designed so that at the beginning students are introduced to psychology; this is to help those who have not studied psychology before. After the preliminary introductory period you will cover the core theoretical components of a modern psychology degree: Individual Differences; Biological, Cognitive, Developmental and Social Psychology; and the History of Psychology.
In the final part of the degree programme you will take courses in some of the most popular areas of applied psychology such as: Business Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Educational Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Health Psychology, and Neuropsychology.
The following Psychology honours degree programmes are offered:
C8N1 Psychology with Business Studies
C8Q2 Psychology with English Literature
C8R1/R4 Psychology with French/Spanish
C8G5 Psychology with Information Systems
C8N5 Psychology with Marketing
C8P3 Psychology with Media Communications
- At least 240 points at A-Level or the equivalent school leaving qualification.
- Mathematics at GCSE or equivalent is preferable.
- The School is able to be flexible for mature students and certain approved professional qualifications may also be considered.
- If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.5 is required.
The University of Buckingham was founded in 1976. It is the only independent University in the United Kingdom to hold a royal charter, which gives it the power to award its own degrees. It is a non profit-making charity. From...