Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Business and Management BSc (Hons)
This is a newly designed programme. Although there is an element of conventional teaching and learning, Business is a live subject and on this programme your learning experience is enhanced by practical projects, equipping you to meet the needs of commerce and industry. It can also be studied with French or Spanish.
In the first year, you will develop an understanding of core business functions and activities, as well as developing your knowledge of Accounting, Economics, Law, Analytical Methods and Information Systems.
In the second-year, the core courses include, Human Resource Management, Business Operations, International Business and Corporate Strategy. Optional courses enable you to pursue your own particular interests and include Entrepreneurship, Consumer Behaviour, Service Management, Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Management Accounting, Business Psychology and E-Commerce.
- At least 240 points at A-level or an equivalent school leaving qualification.
- For Business Enterprise, at least 300 points at A-level is preferred or an equivalent international school leaving qualification. However, as this programme is aimed at entrepreneurial students, if students do not achieve these grades but have an entrepreneurial drive and commitment, they should still apply. Because of the practical nature of the Business Enterprise programme, numbers are limited. Entry to the programme is therefore competitive and short-listed candidates are invited for interview. We are looking for students who not only have good A-level grades (or their equivalent) but are also entrepreneurial in spirit, able to think laterally and prepared to work hard to make a success of their business.
- At least five GCSE (or equivalent) passes, including Mathematics, at grade C or above.
- We are able to be flexible for mature students and will consider certain approved professional qualifications.
- If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 or a computer-based TOEFL score of 213.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
University of Buckingham
The University of Buckingham was founded in 1976. It is the only independent University in the United Kingdom to hold a royal charter, which gives it the power to award its own degrees. It is a non profit-making charity. From...
Location & accommodation
Buckingham is a picturesque English market town. It lies between Milton Keynes to the East and Oxford to the West (there is a regular bus service to both) and is about an hour’s journey from London; so the shopping malls, cinemas, theatres and clubs are not far away. In Buckingham Town you can find Tesco, Waitrose, and W. H. Smith, as well as more specialist shops. There is a range of...