BSc Accounting and FinanceUniversity of Bristol
BSc Accounting and Finance
All available course dates
BSc Accounting and Finance
You will study topics such as asset pricing, corporate finance, financial management, financial reporting, auditing, international finance, management accounting and taxation, as well as other units offered within the school.
In the first year you will gain skills across the core disciplines of accounting, economics, finance and mathematics before pursuing more specialised units as your interests develop.
In your second and final years you will learn more advanced theory and techniques and will study financial accounting, management accounting and finance in more depth. We will teach you how to analyse data from quantitative models and you will choose several options from a range of units, some of which may contribute to exemptions from professional examinations.
Applicants must meet one of the following
A-level Standard offer
AAAincluding Mathematics, or A*AB including A in Mathematics
A-level Contextual offer
ABB including Mathematics
International Baccalaureate Diploma Standard offer
36points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including Mathematics with either 6 at Higher Level (either Analysis and Approaches or Applications and Interpretations) or 7 at Standard Level (Analysis and Approaches)
International Baccalaureate Diploma Contextual offer
32points overall with 16 at Higher Level, including Mathematics with either 5 at Higher Level (either Analysis and Approaches or Applications and Interpretations) or 7 at Standard Level (Analysis and Approaches)
Cambridge Pre-U offer
Requirements for principal subjects areas for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
Access to HE Diploma offer
Access to HE Diploma in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Law or History (or similar titles). The 45 graded Level 3 credits must include:
- at least 30 credits at Distinction and 15 at Merit or above; and
- at least 15 credits from Mathematics units, of which at least 12 (including algebra, calculus and trigonometry) must be at Distinction.
OrAccess to HE Diploma in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Law or History (or similar titles), with the 45 graded Level 3 credits including at least 30 credits at Distinction and 15 at Merit or above PLUS A in A-level Mathematics.
DDDin any Applied General BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma, AND A in Maths at A-level (or equivalent).
Scottish Qualification Authority offer
Advanced Higher: AA including Mathematics, and Standard Higher: AAAAB
Welsh Baccalaureate offer
Requirements are as for A-levels where you can substitute a non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate at that grade.
European Baccalaureate offer
85% overall with 8.5 in Mathematics
For further information about international qualifications and English language requirements, please contact the school.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance 1
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance 2
- Economic Principles
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods
- Accounting and Finance in Context
- Global Business Environment
- Globalisation and Development
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Applied Quantitative Research Methods
- History of Economic Thought
- Management Science
- International Business Management
- Public Management
- Foundations of Business Law L
- Management Accounting for Strategy
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Financial Markets
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Contemporary issues in corporate governance
- Financial Crises
- Portfolio Management
- International Finance
- Advanced Management Science
- Operations Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Global problems and scandals in Accounting & Auditing
- Organizational Crime and Corruption
- Behavioural Finance
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Part-time study is not available for this course
- Home students: £9,250 per year
- EU students: £20,100 per year
- International students: £20,100 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year
About this institute
University of Bristol
Bristol is a successful and ambitious university where we offer you the chance to learn from, and with, some of the leading scholars in the world. Here, you will enjoy the benefits of studying in a research-rich environment where we combine a rigorous approach to...
University of Bristol
Want to know more about the programs offered by University of Bristol? Please send your questions directly to the dedicated student agency, OK Student and they'll get back to you promptly.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Alliance, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia