MPH Public HealthUniversity of Birmingham
About this program
MPH Public Health
Students attend compulsory modules then choose from a wide range of approved modules. Students also have to attend a non assessed introductory week at the beginning of the course which provides an introduction to Public Health in particular in the context of health services in the UK.
If you wish to study this Program to Postgraduate Diploma level then you will need to complete the taught elements of the Program but will not need to complete a dissertation.
We also offer:
- The MPH (Health Technology Assessment) is a strand of the Master in Public Health (MPH) Program for those students who wish to specialise in public health with health technology assessment. The MPH (HTA) is an exit qualification from the MPH Program.
- The MPH (Statement of Extra Accredited Learning) Program - this Program provides a broader version of the current MPH Program (230 instead of 180 credits). By being formally assessed and accredited in more modules, the MPH (SEAL) allows students to demonstrate their wider competency range.
- The MPH (Global Health) Program. This course aimed at professionals already working in low- and middle-income countries or those aiming in the future to work in health care in such setting. It builds upon the well-established and successful Master in Public Health.
We accept a range of qualifications, our country pages show you what qualifications we accept from your country.
English language requirements
You can satisfy our English language requirements in two ways:
- by holding an English language qualification to the right level
- by taking and successfully completing one of our English courses for international students
English to IELT 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Public Health
- Epidemiology Statistics and Research Methods
- Practical Epidemiology and Statistics
- Health Information and Health Informatics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Tuition fee for 2022/23:
- UK: £9,810 full-time; £4,905 part-time
- International: £25,740 full-time; £12,870 part-time
Message the school
About this institute
University of Birmingham
A member of the Russell Group and world ‘top 100’ university (QS World Rankings 2017), the University of Birmingham offers three career-focused 100% online postgraduate degrees which will set you on a path to career excellence: Online MBA Online MSc...
University of Birmingham
Want to know more about MPH Public Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!