UAL International Summer School for 16 to 18 year Olds Short CourseUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
UAL International Summer School for 16 to 18 year Olds Short Course
The UAL International Summer School offers students studying A level, IB or equivalent a unique opportunity to study in an art school environment. Students will create work inspired and informed by London's rich cultural and social diversity, as they engage in a series of art and design projects.
Structured in a similar way to a foundation course in art and design, you will be helped to build and create work for a portfolio for university application. Throughout the three-week programme, you will be encouraged to further progress and express your ideas through informal discussions and critiques with your tutors and fellow students. You will also have the opportunity to experience the energy and vibrancy of London including off-site visits to galleries and places of interest. If you are 11 to 15 years old, check out UAL International Summer School for 11 to 15 year olds Short Course
The UAL International Summer School provides a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced UAL tutors and experience life at art school. Suitable for anyone aged between 16 to 18 years old, considering further studies in art and design.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Theatre & Performance
- Fashion & Textiles
- 3D Design
- Portfolio Advice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Course price: £2990.00
You will grow in your own self confidence and learn to appreciate conceptual development through a range of perspectives and skills. You will generate ideas and concepts that reflect a given theme and create a range of new work, experimenting with: scale, texture and colour via the mediums of drawing, sketching, mark-making, design, 2D and 3D collage and modelling.
Digital Credentials (badges and certificates)
Students will receive a UAL Short Courses digital badge and certificate on completion of the course. Digital credentials are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments and stand out from the crowd.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about UAL International Summer School for 16 to 18 year Olds Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!