The Complete Makeup Artist Short CourseUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
The Complete Makeup Artist Short Course
On The Complete Makeup Artist Short Course you will learn the professional skills required to become a skilled and creative make-up artist in the fast-paced world of fashion image-making. This industry focused, professional short course covers all aspects of makeup and has been designed for aspiring makeup artists who wish to gain the skills and confidence to pursue a career in the industry.
Across 2 weeks, you will be introduced to the fundamentals of makeup application such as skincare, hygiene and preparation, as well as the histories and theories behind makeup and how to create varying looks; from editorial and couture makeup to special effects, body painting and HD makeup.
In addition to practicing your new skills, you'll record your work and build a portfolio during a studio photoshoot with a professional photographer and hair stylist - allowing you to demonstrate the skills learnt during the course and put them into practice. Alongside the course tutors, a teaching assistant will support your learning, and we will create a Facebook group for you to network with each other throughout.
The Complete Makeup Artist Short Course is for individuals who are new to the world of makeup and is perfect for those considering a career change or building a new skillset and the Saturday format allows you to study alongside working.
This course is also suitable for those who have a little makeup experience but want to refine their skills and get some insider industry information.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Skincare, hygiene and preparation
- Selection of bases and skin finishes
- Corrective makeup
- Natural beauty makeup
- Bridal makeup
- Trends in fashion and beauty
- Corrective colour theory
- False eyelashes
- Strong advertorial makeup accentuating cheek bones, lips and contouring
- Decades in makeup: show girls, silver screen sirens and supermodels
- Who's who in the industry
- Editorial makeup: working on set / assisting
- Couture and ready-to-wear catwalk makeup
- Beauty and fantasy imagery for promotional impact
- Blocking out eyebrows and facial adornment
- HD make-up for TV, film, music promotions and commercials
- Sustainable beauty, what it is and why it matters
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
Course price: £4450.00
By the end of this course students should:
- Have experience creating a wide range of makeup looks, from natural beauty through to creative editorial
- Understand the history of makeup and be able to referent specific period looks
- Have a photoshoot created with a professional team to start off their portfolio
- Have gained the skills and confidence to pursue a career in the industry
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your CV
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about The Complete Makeup Artist Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!