MSc Data Science and AIUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
MSc Data Science and AI
Our focused master’s Program offers you a further engagement with core data science competencies, and functional approaches to developing AI products and services.Furthermore, the ethical dimension of data science is actively explored in this course ensuring you have a deep understanding of the power of this technology.
You will apply scientific principles to support creation of mathematical models of real-world problems through computer programming. Different competencies will be measured across the Program through project work and core programming. Special attention will be given to the development of your thesis project that targets your preferred technology sector or domain of work. This is to support your progression to industry or academic research.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- An honours degree in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, Data Science, Computing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Joint Computer Science / Arts, Humanities Program
- OR a professional qualification recognised as equivalent to an Honours degree in a technology-related or engineering discipline.
- AND typically, at least Grade B/Grade 6 at GCSE Mathematics.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
For more information please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Advanced algorithms and data structures
- Advanced mathematics and statistics for data science
- Critical data representation and analysis
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Data, people and society: Advanced topics
- Computational entrepreneurship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for Home students are £12,700
- Tuition fees for International students are £25,970
This fee is correct for 2023/24 entry and is subject to change for 2024/25 entry.
Tuition fees may increase in future years for new and continuing students on courses lasting more than one year. For this course, you can pay tuition fees in instalments.
Computing graduates are highly sought after across sectors and our degrees facilitate progression to a wide range of careers in both industry and academia. Graduates can join large companies or start their own business using their engineering skills and their knowledge of computational innovation.
Graduates can become:
- Data scientists for large and small technology companies
- Specialists in NLP, voice technology and computer vision
- Data science researchers
- IT professionals across a variety of sectors
- Founders of technology start-ups in sectors such as finance, healthcare and the creative industries.
Opportunities for Further study:
PhD level study both within the CCI and at other institutions nationally and internationally
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about MSc Data Science and AI? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!