MA Media, Communications and Critical PracticeUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
MA Media, Communications and Critical Practice
MA Media, Communications and Critical Practice integrates the study of media theory with creative and professional practice.
You will be encouraged to think critically about the role of media in the digital age, exploring problems and challenges through your engagement with key theories of media, culture and communication alongside a range of creative media practices.
You will gain a sound understanding of key theories of media and communications and apply your knowledge and critical perspective to a wide range of case studies. You will investigate how global media production, circulation and consumption relate to issues of diversity, equality and identity, as well as to environmental and ethical challenges.
You will be encouraged to express your ideas and solve problems through a range of creative media practices. Working with images, texts and data, you will learn how to produce different types of media content for different purposes, and explore the social and cultural impacts of your interventions.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please check the course pages on our website for most up to date fees information.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about MA Media, Communications and Critical Practice? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!