MA Innovative Fashion ProductionUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
MA Innovative Fashion Production
The fashion industry is a fast-changing landscape that is dominated by the urgent need to reform production practices to be more agile, cleaner and smarter.
Within the next two decades there will be a revolution in how we make the fashion we recognise but as importantly, technology will lead us to create products in ways we as yet don’t fully visualise.
A systematic understanding of the importance of disruptive business models and emerging technologies in manufacturing is needed and the MA Innovative Fashion Production offers a real opportunity for graduates to play a key part in society's move to more sustainable practice, which involves more than material resources.
Collaboration is essential across all disciplines to ensure companies can manage the changes which are inevitable. Integral to the course is student collaboration and communication working to share knowledge whilst learning the impact of manufacturing upon the complete product lifecycle from concept to end of life.
This course embraces innovative ways of thinking about the entire product lifecycle and how fundamental production is to the positive innovation currently shaping the fashion industry of the future. The London College of Fashion, unlike many other fashion institutions has the facilities and academic research groups which can support a diverse range of interests.
English Language Requirements
IELTS level 6.5 with a minimum of 6 in listening and speaking & minimum 5.5 reading, writing, Please check our main English Language Requirements.
The standard entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- An Honours degree at 2.1 or above from a fashion based course, supported by a digital portfolio evidencing abilities in one of the following disciplines: fashion design and/or development, fashion and/or technology, pattern cutting, buying and/or merchandising;
- OR equivalent qualifications in an alternative subject will be considered if supported by a digital portfolio which demonstrates significant evidence of technical and/or business skills;
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Collaborative Challenge
- Innovation in Production Technologies
- Business Models and Fashion Production
- Research Proposal
- Connecting Production to the Consumer
- Masters Project
MA Innovative Fashion Production is offered in full-time mode and runs for 45 weeks over 15 months, with a break over the summer. You will be expected to commit an average of 40 hours per week to your course, including teaching hours and independent study.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- The full tuition fee of 2022/23 for local students is £11,220 per year.
- The full tuition fee of 2022/23 for International students is £22,920 per year.
The following blended teaching and learning methods are employed to support the integrated achievement of the course outcomes. There will be a combination of physical and virtual online delivery:
- Academic skills, design thinking for fashion
- Brainstorming sessions
- Briefings, tutorials and feedback
- Collaborative group project work
- Lectures and seminars
- Library and workshop inductions
- Museum, trade shows and other visits
- Online learning
- Research Methods
- Studio teaching
- Garment making workshops
ll our postgraduate courses offer career development, so that you become a creative thinker, making effective contributions to your relevant sector of the fashion industry.
LCF offers students the opportunity to develop Personal and Professional Development (PPD) skills while studying through:
- Access to to speaker programs and events featuring alumni and industry.
- Access to careers activities, such as CV clinics and one-to-one advice sessions.
- Access to a graduate careers service
- Access to a live jobsboard for all years.
- Advice on setting up your own brand or company.
The MA Innovative Fashion Production is a new course building on an established production alumni network, graduates who have studied production with the same academic team are currently working as production co-ordinators or in the production departments at Christopher Kane, Victoria Beckham, Samuel Gui Yang, Hackett whilst others have continued their Post Graduate research projects as entrepreneurs or in other institutions. Upon graduation you might work in Product Development or Buying & Merchandising as well as specifically as a Production Co-Ordinator or Manager.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about MA Innovative Fashion Production? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!