About this program
MA Industrial Design
MA Industrial Design adapts to these changes in business models and consumption patterns. On the course, you will question how and why particular goods and services are produced. We recognise the need for drawing on current thinking and practice in other discipline areas, including social psychology, behavioural science, cultural theory and innovation studies. The course does not impose a particular manifesto or rule-book for design. Instead, it is concerned with the development of industrial design as a discipline and profession.
MA Industrial Design will encourage you to question what industry is today and to consider changing paradigms. You will continually reappraise the discipline, addressing critical and socially responsive design. You will explore the application of industrial design in both market-led and societal contexts. This constant review of what industrial design is creates a culture independent of a particular style or dogma. Instead, it encourages diverse engagement, reflection, negotiation and prototyping of the discipline.
MA Industrial Design applies this intellectual development directly to design practice. It will teach you to take on strategic roles, identify and respond to trends, initiate design approaches and thrive in multidisciplinary teams. While the course honours the traditional legacy of the subject, we continue to reframe what industrial design is and means.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please check the course pages on our website for most up to date fees information.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
Want to know more about MA Industrial Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!