About this program
MA Fashion, Film and Digital Production
This course provides a unique opportunity to bridge the gap of specialist subject knowledge in fashion in combination with digital media practice. Utilising experimental media techniques and technologies, you will produce a range of innovative moving image outcomes. We are looking for natural storytellers who want to break new ground through the visual representation of fashion narratives. You will exit the course with a new portfolio to support your progression to industry or further research.
English Language Requirements
IELTS level 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
You will have:
- A relevant degree and prior experience engaging on a critical and/or practical level with fashion media, and ideally film.
- The ability and willingness to collaborate, generate ideas, engage with current cultural discourse and showcase an understanding of your practice and the motivation to explore it further at post-graduate level.
We would expect to see a portfolio that evidences intellectual rigour, curiosity, technical skills, practical and critical thinking and a deep interest in fashion, film and new media.
We will also consider applicants who are practicing filmmakers, artists and designers from different professions with an interest in fashion and film. We are also interested in applicants from an artistic or scientific backgrounds, who have a desire to progress into a career in the creative industries.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Fashion and Film
- Collaborative Challenge
- Fashion Film Production
- Research Proposal
- Narrative Content for Digital Platforms
- Masters Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
MA Fashion, Film and Digital Production is offered in full-time mode and runs for 45 weeks over 15 months, with a break over the summer. You will be expected to commit an average of 40 hours per week to your course, including teaching hours and independent study.
- The full tuition fee of 2022/23 for local students is £11,220 per course per year.
- The full tuition fee of 2022/23 for International students is £22,920 per year.
On successful completion of the MA in Fashion, Film and Digital Production graduates will be able to establish their own independent practices or capable of working within a range of professional fashion environments. You will be equipped with the critical, professional and creative skills required to flourish in a range of industry environments.
Depending on your chosen focus, you might graduate as a film maker, internet designer, stylist, photographer, curator, art director or multi-dimensional journalist.
Roles that graduates from this course have gone on to fill include creative director, digital marketing manager, content creator, film-maker, branding creative, social media editor, online editor, digital creative, visual merchandiser, web and app developer.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
Want to know more about MA Fashion, Film and Digital Production? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!