About this program
MA 3D Computer Animation
In an era of unparalleled opportunities for skilled visual players and sequential image-makers, you will create, explore and play with 3D digital technologies and develop a specialist personal practice. The animation industry is rapidly evolving, with new developments in real-time animation and immersive digital world-building. Through experimentation and learning of advanced technical skills, you’ll instigate innovative approaches driven by critical understanding and self-reflection.
During the course, you’ll create 3D computer animation sequences and assets, both individually and as part of creative teams comprising students from different media disciplines.
The course curriculum covers to two main areas:
Animation for Film and Motion Graphics
- In this area, you'll learn the skills to be a specialist in the latest technologies within animation, lighting and compositing. Building on the principles of animation, cinematography and film language, you’ll explore filmic storytelling and characterisation within short animated sequences, motion graphics and/or short films.
Animation for Games and Immersive Storytelling
- You’ll learn specialist 3D animation techniques such as real-time animation, environment design, interactive design and 360° storytelling.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please check the course pages on our website for most up to date fees information.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
Want to know more about MA 3D Computer Animation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America