Interior Design Module One Short CourseUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
Interior Design Module One Short Course
This course is the starting point of the Interior Design Module programme, you do not need any experience of interior design as you will be taught everything you need to start on your interior design journey.
At the beginning of the course, you will be introduced to a project brief this brief will form the basis of a residential project that you will undertake during the course.
Each week your tutor will introduce you to new skills and techniques covering all the essentials including; concept boards, drawing plans and elevations using CAD software and bubble diagrams.You will have lectures on hard finishes, soft furnishings, lighting, colour and sourcing materials. As you begin to finalise your designs you will also learn about mounting and labelling your design before presenting your finished project in week 12.
This course is the starting point of a three-part programme, you do not need any experience of interior design as you will be taught everything you need to start on your interior design journey.
With a wealth of unrivalled experience and expertise, our tutors' practical approach will prepare you for a future in the interior design profession.
This course is suitable for beginners and for anyone who wants to learn to design interiors professionally. Upon completion of Module One, we recommend students progress onto Interior Design - Module Two and Interior Design - Module Three as further steps towards your career, or applying for a full-time course. The well-established, unique three-part structure allows you to choose the stage at which you want to join and leave the programme, matching your level of experience.
You must ensure that you have the correct immigration permission for the modules you want to study. The Standard Visitor immigration permission allows you to visit the UK for up to 6 months. If you intend to study longer than 6 months you must have a valid immigration permission which has no restrictions on studying and covers the full length of the course(s) you wish to study.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Concept boards
- Client brief
- CAD Planning at scale 1:50 &1:20
- Sections at scale 1:50 & 1:20
- Hard finishes
- Soft furnishings
- CAD Rendering techniques
- Labelling & mounting
- Sample boards
Please note that this course requires dedication; students should therefore allow extra time to work on their design project outside of the class.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Course price: £2300.00
By the end of this course you will:
- Have completed a residential project design brief
- Learned a number of newfound interior design-related skills
- Received lectures about the fundamentals of interior design
- Be able to use design thinking when approaching future projects
- The skills to start work on a straightforward interior design scheme by yourself
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to complement your CV
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about Interior Design Module One Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!