About this program
Illustration Short Course
Join this Illustration course and be introduced to the wide-ranging discipline of Illustration and gain an improved understanding of the possibilities of image-making. From book illustration and publishing to animation and motion graphics.
Through a series of projects, lectures and discussions, you will be asked to respond to a range of tasks that introduce the key skills necessary to set out in the pursuit to becoming an illustrator.
You will learn how to respond creatively to a brief and generate imaginative ideas through the process of visual problem solving. The relationship between image and text will be explored and you will begin to identify the key visual characteristics relative to your particular interests in the context of a personal style and language.
Those looking to develop their graphic image making skills and explore the various range of illustration pathways. Suitable for both students and working professionals interested in pursuing an illustration career.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Visual Problem Solving as Process
- Interpreting a brief
- Producing a selection of ideas and solutions
- Visual Communication
- Visual components to engage dialogue
- Storytelling and Sequence
- Constructing a story and visual sequence
- Finding your voice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Live and interactive online lessons with classmates from around the world
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
- Ask questions to your tutor in real time
Course price: £680.00
You will have gained a greater awareness of the role illustration plays in our daily lives. You will be able to problem solve and generate ideas imaginatively. You will have begun to develop a personal visual language and identify future directions for your illustration practice.
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
Want to know more about Illustration Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!