Graduate Diploma in FashionUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
Graduate Diploma in Fashion
The Graduate Diploma in Fashion is structured to support designers, equipping them to work in the international market. The course offers fashion graduates, or those from closely related disciplines, the opportunity to take a fresh look at their work.You will specialise in Womenswear or Menswear, with opportunities to explore other specialisms such as knit or print.
The course will support your creative development with design, technical and professional skills. Studies on the course are project-based, allowing you to experiment and redefine yourself in a creative environment. Through its tutorial structure, the course emphasises breadth and depth of research and an innovative approach to design. The curriculum will also introduce you to visual communication approaches, the articulation of design ideas and the development of presentation skills.You will graduate with a portfolio and realised design work which will support your progression into postgraduate study or entry into employment in the fashion industry.
During your studies, you will be guided by current practitioners in the field of fashion. This will allow you to benefit from the learning and teaching methods which have produced some of the world’s leading fashion design professionals. Graduates from the course go on to work across a wide range of careers in fashion.Many graduates also go on to postgraduate study, including Master’s degrees in Fashion and Fashion Communication at Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion, Goldsmiths, Parsons School of Design and Polimoda.
The standard entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- An honours degree in a relevant discipline such as fashion, fashion textiles, accessory design, or jewellery design
- An equivalent EU/international qualification.
English language requirements
IELTS score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
For more information please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Unit 1: Diagnostic: Research and Creative Development
- Unit 2: Final Project and Portfolio: Development and Resolution
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The Graduate Diploma in Fashion is offered in full-time mode which runs for 30 weeks over one academic year.
- Tuition fees for Home students are £12,700
- Tuition fees for International students are £25,970
This fee is correct for 2023/24 entry and is subject to change for 2024/25 entry.Tuition fees may increase in future years for new and continuing students on courses lasting more than one year. For this course, you can pay tuition fees in instalments.
The Graduate Diploma in Fashion is one of a number of related courses in the Fashion Program.
During their studies students are guided by some of the most eminent and experienced current practitioners in the field of fashion enabling them to benefit from the teaching and learning methods which have produced some of the world's leading fashion design professionals.
The Graduate Diploma in Fashion has been created to produce mature and sophisticated designers equipped to work in and design for the international market. You will leave the course with a portfolio and realised design work that will effectively support entry into employment in the fashion industry and access to postgraduate study.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about Graduate Diploma in Fashion? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!