Footwear Design Intensive Short CourseUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
Have you wanted to know more about whats involved in being a shoe designer or thinking of designing your own shoe collection? This shoe design course covers content from our 'Introduction to Footwear Design' alongside more advanced design techniques.
Under the expert guidance of the tutor, this inspirational and comprehensive footwear design course will take you through all the processes involved in designing your own collection. Youll start by looking at how shape and function affect shoe design and investigate different drawing techniques whilst you develop your own design ideas.
Youll explore different materials and trims and how to incorporate these into your design work. The course will also cover different ways of applying colour and texture through traditional skills.
Once confident in the basics of designing and researching youll then be given a project to complete in order to bring your research and design skills to production level. During this project you'll gain an understanding of technical terminology.
During your sessions youll be guided through creating specification sheets for effective communication with manufacturers. Youll also be given an overview of the production cycle and procedures within the footwear industry.
The course will be taught through a variety of technical workshops supported by lectures. This is a design course, and does not involve shoe making.
Chat with students
- How to develop your design ideas
- Footwear design and construction theory
- Story/mood boards
- Design development process
- Drawing techniques
- Range building
- Production awareness
- Design mock ups
- Technical drawing
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Course price: £980.00
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about Footwear Design Intensive Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!