Fashion Design for Beginners Online Short CourseUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
Fashion Design for Beginners Online Short Course
This course is aimed at students who would like to explore the fashion design process, but have little or no prior experience. You will be taught fundamental skills such as choosing a concept, sources of research, developing ideas into fashion sketches, designs and a collection line up. You will have the opportunity to present your collection back to the class at the end of the course and receive feedback.
This course is beginner level, so you won't need any prior experience of design work, only a love of fashion and a desire to explore the subject. This course will provide an excellent foundation for students who are considering pursuing further qualifications in Fashion Design, and will allow you to create some fantastic initial pieces for a portfolio.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The course is split in to 3 sections:
- Choosing inspiration, developing a personal fashion statement/ identity
- Compiling the creative visuals into sketchbooks to inspire new ideas
- Selecting a colour palette and fabric options.
- Creating a fashion template as a tool to communicate design ideas
- Developing initial silhouettes, rendering designs
- Considering print and embellishment.
- Layout and helpful tools for portfolio presentation
- Preparing a line up to present back to the class
By the end of the course you will taken the all-important first step on your journey with Fashion Design. You will have learnt the fundamental skills needed to research, plan and design a collection, and developed techniques to allow you to communicate your creative vision to others. You will have produced a body of work that can be added to a portfolio that can be used to enter further study if you choose take Fashion Design further, and will have received expert feedback from your tutor on how to continue your Fashion Designs.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Course price: £480.00
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about Fashion Design for Beginners Online Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!