Fashion Design and Draping Workshops for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short CourseUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
Fashion Design and Draping Workshops for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
Developing your confidence in experimentation, idea generation and creativity will be important activities alongside building your technical skills to help inform you how to become a fashion designer.
The course includes a specially designed educational day out in London that feeds into your course work back in the studio.
The last Friday afternoon of the course will include a display of your finished design ideas, illustrations and sketchbook, with feedback from your tutor on how to use the work within your portfolios.
This popular course is ideal if you are considering fashion or textiles as a future career, or if you wish to try something new and have a passion for fashion and the fashion industry. Upon completion you will have new skills to help you continue designing your own collections, illustrating, documenting your research and thought processes, putting together marketing boards and more. You will explore the process very much in the spirit of Central Saint Martins, where your own personal and explorative approach will be celebrated
- Interested in developing their own creativity
- Building a portfolio for future studies
- Confident in learning from their mistakes
- Keen to work with students of different nationalities
- Willing to work and collaborate with others during projects
- A good insight in Fashion BA degree at Central Saint Martins
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Learning about different careers in fashion
- Guest speakers from the fashion industry
- Research and idea generation
- Developing a fashion sketchbook
- Designing a fashion collection
- Fashion illustration
- Working in 3D - silhouettes and draping
- Presentation skills
- Day out in London
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Course price: £1500.00
Digital Credentials (badges and certificates)
Students will receive a UAL Short Courses digital badge and certificate on completion of the course. Digital credentials are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments and stand out from the crowd. Find out more about our digital badges and credentials.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about Fashion Design and Draping Workshops for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!