Digital Graphic Design Online Short CourseUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
Digital Graphic Design Online Short Course
This course will show you how to use graphic design software (Adobe CC) to turn your creative ideas into digital reality. The course focuses on the workflows and processes used by professional designers to work efficiently, and to get the best results from the digital tools.
You will explore Adobe CC Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign through a series of practical assignments, and learn when and how each should be used. The assignments include creating a logo, a poster, and a four-page brochure. At each stage you will receive personal feedback on your work from the tutor, as well as help with shortcuts and practical tips.
You will gain a better overall knowledge of design software, and become much more confident in using software to create design solutions, and preparing them for print or web.
This course is for people looking to improve their digital design skills, or anyone who wants to be able to work more efficiently using design software. It is ideal for anyone preparing digital works for online advertising, website or social media content, or other visual communication assets.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Design process, from sketch to digital asset
- How designers can use Adobe CC to assist creative process
- When to use Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign
- File management best practices
- Combining images, vectors and text
- Vector logo / graphic illustration tips and techniques
- Understanding document colours, CMYK, RGB, Spot.
- Correct file formats and how to convert
- Prepare files for print or screen
- Industry overview and career advice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
Course price: £380.00
By the end of the course you will;
- Be more confident using design software to digitally create your designs
- Be able to more easily translate your creative designs into digital assets
- Be able to produce a logo, a poster, and a brochure
- Know which software to select for different tasks
- Know how to prepare a design file for print or web
- How to prepare files for print or screen
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about Digital Graphic Design Online Short Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!