About this program
BA (Hons) Graphic Design Communication
This course aims to help you develop a practical and conceptual set of creative tools, while introducing you to the community and practice of graphic design communication. It places a strong emphasis on live projects in collaboration with the creative industries. You will develop your digital and technical skills as well as defining your own practice.
All classes are taught in English. If English isn't your first language you must provide evidence at enrolment of the following:
- IELTS level 6.0 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Unit 1 - An introduction to Graphic Design Communication
- Unit 2 - Designers toolset
- Unit 3 - Designers voice
- Unit 4 - Designers choice
- Unit 5 - Professional practice
- Unit 6 - Collaborative and collective practices
- Unit 7 - Experimental practice
- Unit 8 - Building a personal practice
- Unit 9 - Enquiry and reaction
- Unit 10 - Expressing your practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for Home students are £9,250*
- Tuition fees for International students are £23,610*
*This fee is correct for 2022/23 entry and is subject to change for 2023/24 entry. Tuition fees may increase in future years for new and continuing students.
The course's links with the creative industries provides our students with opportunities to engage in work-based learning, and often leads to job offers on graduation.
Many of our former students are freelance designers, art directors and moving image specialists. Others have worked for companies including:
Adidas, AKQA, ASOS, Bench, Bompass & Parr, Bradley & Pablo, Burberry, Canon Europe, David James Associates (DJA), Dazed Media, Ditto Press, Dream Works TV, Forth Studio, GFSmith, Glamour magazine, Grey London, Guerrilla Games, Harper Collins, Hato Press, INT Works, It's Nice That, Koto, LEGO Interactive, LOVE magazine, Liquid TV, M&C Saatchi, MSL group, MTV, Mario Testino, Matter Productions, Mother, Net-A-Porter, Nice & Polite, Nike, ODD, Ogilvy & Mather, Orlebar Brown, Passion Pictures, Pentagram, Puma, Radley Yeldar, Rankin Photography, Rattling Stick, Rogue Films, SHOW studio, Sky Arts, Someone, Studio Moross, Suburbia, Temperley London, The Mill, The Office of Optimism, VIACOM, Village, WGSN, Wednesday, Wolff Olins, Wonderland magazine, BBH, Channel 4, Elle magazine, IDEO, Spring Studios, Vogue magazine.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Graphic Design Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!