BA (Hons) Fashion Design: KnitwearUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
BA (Hons) Fashion Design: Knitwear
Fashion is a fast-moving and diverse international industry. It has historical and social and significance, often underpinning our cultural values. BA Fashion at Central Saint Martins recognises this climate of diversity and cultural importance. Encouraging innovation and originality, the course will support your creative, practical and intellectual development. It will enable you to take advantage of the wide range of opportunities the industry can offer.
BA Fashion offers five pathways: Fashion Design Menswear; Fashion Design Womenswear; Fashion Print; Fashion Design with Knitwear; and Fashion Design with Marketing. Each pathway offers a unique combination of design, historical studies and theoretical studies led by tutors who are expert practitioners in their field. The Fashion Design with Knitwear pathway allows for a breadth of creative approaches within an increasingly important discipline. Britain has an excellent international reputation for design in knitwear. This is thanks to our long-standing central position in the wool trade and machine development. In recent years, this sector has grown from traditional quality to encompass high fashion, cut and sew jersey, stretch and bodywear. This pathway will familiarise you with these processes and the use of world fibre resources within this context.
The course creates a learning environment in which innovation is nurtured across five distinct but closely related pathways. Through this structure, we encourage versatile fashion specialists who can solve problems creatively. We aim to equip you with in-depth knowledge of your chosen field as well as a wider breadth of the industry. Alongside your specialism, you will learn about the social, economic and cultural factors which impact on the professional realm in which you will work.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for Home students are £9,250*
- Tuition fees for International students are £23,610*
*This fee is correct for 2022/23 entry and is subject to change for 2023/24 entry. Tuition fees may increase in future years for new and continuing students.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Fashion Design: Knitwear? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!