BA (Hons) Costume for PerformanceUniversity of the Arts London
About this program
BA (Hons) Costume for Performance
BA (Hons) Costume for Performance prepares students for a career working with costume and fashion in the performance industry, by learning a specialist subject in the heart of a thriving cultural capital city.
The course benefits from workshops and masterclasses delivered by industry practitioners and work placement opportunities.
Students design and construct abstract and period accurate costumes for a wide range of performance genres, such as dance, film and television, theatre, circus, opera and performance art.
English Language Requirements
IELTS level 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Introduction to Design for Performance
- Introduction toCostume for Performance
- Fashion Cultures and Histories
- Better Lives
- Collaboration One: Design and Production
- Cultural and Historical Studies
- Core Skill: Period and Contemporary Menswear
- Situating your Practice
- Situating your Practice: Industry Project
- Situating your Practice: Industry Placement
- Collaboration Two: Interdisciplinary and Experimental
- Innovation andDesign
- Personal Performance Project
- The Modelling your Future
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for Home students are £9,250*
- Tuition fees for International students are £23,610*
*This fee is correct for 2022/23 entry and is subject to change for 2023/24 entry. Tuition fees may increase in future years for new and continuing students.
All of our undergraduate courses offer career development, so that you become a creative thinker, making effective contributions to your relevant sector of the fashion industry.
For more information please visit the institute website.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Costume for Performance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!