M. in Solar Energy
The hallmarks of this Master, along with its quality, make it an attractive proposition for students, both Spanish as well as those from other countries, who want to gain a first-rate qualification in the field of solar energy and its many applications
P art of the course content will be focused on research in solar energy and publishing results in scientific journals. Proposal preparation and project execution will also be covered.Great emphasis will also be placed on practical work in scientific research and engineering to be able to gain access to PhD programs or to jobs in the industry.
The participation of PSA (Solar Platform of Almería), whose applied research at international level is second to none, singles this Master out from all others.
This University Master will provide graduate students with a series of skills in the following areas:
- Concentrating solar systems.
- Non-concentrating solar systems.
- PV solar systems.
- Solar energy applications in desalination, agriculture and construction.
- Solar photo-processes and photo-reactors.
- Evaluation of solar resources.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Master programs, the basic requirement is to have an Undergraduate diploma.
Please use the ""Request information"" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
The applicant's access profile will be that of a student with the basic scientific and technical knowledge necessary to understand, interpret, analyze and explain the knowledge specific to their field of study. Thus, the degree is aimed at Engineers or Graduates in Engineering from the Industrial Branch and related and Graduates in Physics, Chemistry and related who want to increase knowledge and want to practice professionally or research in the field of solar energy. It is recommended that students be able to read scientific and technical texts fluently in English and understand audiovisual material in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module Experimentation and projects
- Case studies and economic analysis of projects
- Field training at PSA facilities
Horizontal Subjects Module
- Modeling, control and energy management in solar energy systems
- R&D&i in Solar Energy
- Solar Resource
Module Solar photovoltaic systems
- Photovoltaics Solar Systems
Module Concentrating Solar Thermal Systems
- High Concentration Solar Energy
- Medium Concentration Solar Energy
- Thermal Storage and other concentrating solar energy applications
Module Solar thermal systems without concentration
- Photoreactors and Photobioreactors
- Solar Energy and Agriculture
- Solar Energy and Buildings
- Solar Energy and Desalination
- Solar Energy at Low Temperature
End of Master Module
- Master's Final Project
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 886.72 EUR
The general objectives that are proposed to be achieved by students during their training period until the degree is achieved, providing quality comprehensive training through a training plan that will provide the graduate with adequate training for the development of academic, research and professional activity.
These objectives will be developed, in any case,
- from the respect of fundamental rights and equality between men and women,
- from the respect and promotion of Human Rights and the principles of universal accessibility and design for all and,
- in accordance with the values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
The study plan will allow students to get to know the world of research and will prepare them to access doctoral studies through a line of research related to solar energy (this is one of the main objectives of the R + D + i subject in solar energy)
The Master's Degree in Solar Energy allows its students to obtain a series of specific complements to further develop their working career in the following areas:
- Concentration solar thermal systems.
- Solar thermal systems without concentration.
- Photovoltaic solar systems.
- Photoprocesses and solar photoreactors.
- Solar resource evaluation.
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Solar Energy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...