M. in Mediterranean Greenhouse Horticulture
The study plan is devoted to post-harvest and the quality of horticultural products, and to crop production and greenhouse technology. It includes an intensive horticulture study plan taught entirely in English. The aim is to create a single specialized horticulture Master’s degree based on all training related to the productive activity that takes place in the horticulture sector in Almería - of international importance-. This model of horticultural production has a high potential for development in many parts of the world, so it is of great interest for many international people. As for the professional opportunities, it is the only Spanish master degree specifically geared towards research, innovation and the development of more innovative, efficient and environmentally friendly multidisciplinary technical solutions, which can be applied to engineering, the design and equipping of greenhouses, the study of production techniques in intensive agriculture and the technology and marketing of the product.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Master programs, the basic requirement is to have an Undergraduate diploma.
Please use the "Request information" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module 1. Trunk. Basic Aspects in Horticulture (MT)
- Intensive Model of Production. Almerian Horticulture
Module 2. Fundamental Specialization (MFE)
- Crop Portection Esp. PC
- Design of local Irrigation Systems (Esp. TI)
- Greenhouse climate control (Esp. TI)
- Greenhouse Construction Esp. TI
- Greenhouse Design (Esp. Ti)
- Handling protected crops (Esp. CP)
- Horticulture Machinery (Esp. TI)
- Microclimate Management: Crop Response (Esp.CP)
- Physiological Principles of Flowering and Fruit Bearing
- Plant Nutrition and Fertilization (Esp. CP)
- Post-harvest Biotechnology and Genetic Improvement (Esp.PC)
- Post-Harvest Physiology and Pathology (Esp. PC)
- Production Quality and Certification (Esp. PC)
- Protected Crops Automation
- Soils and Crop Substrates
- The Agronomic Basis of protected Crops (esp. P.C.)
- Use of Water and Irrigation Management (Esp. CP)
Module 3. External Practices (MPE)
- Technology and Management applied to Horticulture
Module 4. Advances in Horticulture (MAH)
- Diagnosis and biological Control of Diseases in protected Crops
- Innovation for Entrepreneurs in Horiculture
- Nutritional Diagnosis and Salinity
- Ornamental and Flower Crops
- Pest Diagnosis and biological Control in protected Crops
- Propagation in horticultural Nurseries
- Protected Crops of Fruit Species
- Scientific and Technical Communication
- Soil-less Crop Systems
- Statistics applied to Horticulture
Module 5. Master's Thesis
- Master's Final Project
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 886.72 EUR
The general objectives that are proposed to be achieved by students during their training period until the degree is achieved, providing quality comprehensive training through a training plan that will provide the graduate with adequate training for the development of academic, research and professional activity.
These objectives will be developed, in any case,
- from the respect of fundamental rights and equality between men and women,
- from the respect and promotion of Human Rights and the principles of universal accessibility and design for all and,
- in accordance with the values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
The Master’s Degree in Mediterranean Greenhouse Horticulture provides students with the possibility of specialized training that will allow them to continue on to doctoral studies related to Agronomy
This programme provides an all-round solution to the training needs of researchers and technicians who are going to develop their activity in the horticultural sector. It is the only Spanish master degree specifically geared towards research, innovation and the development of more innovative, efficient and environmentally friendly multidisciplinary technical solutions, which can be applied to engineering, the design and equipping of greenhouses, the study of production techniques in intensive agriculture and the technology and marketing of the product. The requirements of an industry that is constantly demanding technological advances in different areas of engineering, agronomy, post-harvest technology and marketing.
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Mediterranean Greenhouse Horticulture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Clayton , Australia