M. in Mathematics
The Master in Mathematics provides students with advanced, high-level, specialized and multidisciplinary mathematical training. It enables them to mathematics formulation, and to analyze, solve and, where appropriate, computerize problems in various fields of mathematics itself. Knowledge can be applied in very diverse interdisciplinary fields, such as basic sciences, social sciences, engineering, finance, etc. The Mathematics degree offers very attractive and diverse job expectations. In addition to teaching, it offers possibilities in the banking sector, in the Spanish Public Administration, in the industrial sector, companies in the computer sector and consulting companies.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Master programs, the basic requirement is to have an Undergraduate diploma.
Please use the ""Request information"" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
People who want to take the Master must have sufficient prior mathematical knowledge that they understand to be covered, although not exclusively, by a Degree in Mathematics. The Academic Commission will propose, in cases where it is required, the pertinent complementary training for an adequate achievement of the master's degree. In any case, regardless of their previous training, the characteristics expected of a potential master's student include the following: capacity for abstraction, fluency in logical reasoning, liking for problem solving, interest in the applications of mathematics and familiarity with performing mathematical calculations
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module Applications of Mathematics
- Equations in Partial Derivatives and Numerical Methods (UCA-UMA)
- Mathematics Applied to Science and Business
- Mathematics Applied to Computing (UAL)
- Modeling. Stochastic Processes
- Approach Theories
Module Mathematics and New Technologies
- Evolution of Mathematical Thought (UCA-UGR-UMA)
- Learning and teaching Mathematics (UGR)
- Dynamic Mathematics
- Scientific updating in Mathematics
- Software in Mathematics
- Training Supplements in Mathematics (UGR)
Module Mathematics and Reality
- Forms and Curvature (UGR-UMA)
- Mathematical Models and Algorithms (UCA-UGR)
Module Practicum and Final Master's Project
- Master's Final Project
- External Internships
Advanced Techniques Module
- Advanced algebra
- Advanced Functional Analysis
- Advanced Mathematical Analysis (UGR-UMA)
- Advanced Differential Geometry (UGR-UMA)
- Geometry, Topology and Physics (UGR-UMA)
- Mathematical Models of Physics (UGR-UMA)
- Representation Theory (UCA-UMA)
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 886.72 EUR
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
The general objectives that are proposed to be achieved by students during their training period until the degree is achieved, providing quality comprehensive training through a training plan that will provide the graduate with adequate training for the development of academic, research and professional activity.
These objectives will be developed, in any case,
- from the respect of fundamental rights and equality between men and women,
- from the respect and promotion of Human Rights and the principles of universal accessibility and design for all and,
- in accordance with the values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
The title of Master in Mathematics gives access to the research period of the doctorate in Mathematics. The subjects offered are recognized as the teaching period of the Doctorate
The Mathematics degree offers very attractive and diverse job expectations. In addition to teaching, it offers possibilities in the banking sector, in the Public Administration, in the industrial sector, companies in the computer sector and consulting companies
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Mathematics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...