M. in Management of Agro-Food Activity
This degree offers a quality training in Law and Business, with knowledge in Economics and Agronomy also. It provides a social response to the demands of the European Union on competitiveness improvement and innovation of the producer.
This degree will allow the student to acquire specific training in the legal-economic field of business management and agri-food activity, with basic agronomic knowledge, alongside the acquisition of research skills, necessary to access to the doctorate programs in general, and specifically, linked to the UAL's in Economic, Business and Legal Sciences. The professional qualification of the company and the agri-food activity will enable the student to work in:
- Marketing and commercialization of fruit and vegetable products.
- Legal and economic advice of agricultural cooperatives.
- Trade unions and other agrarian organizations.
- Agricultural consulting and audits
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Master programs, the basic requirement is to have an Undergraduate diploma.
Please use the ""Request information"" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
The Master is especially aimed, in this sense, at people with an intellectual interest in the social, political, economic and ideological processes of the contemporary world, with concern for rural development and the analytical and critical interpretation of current agrarian policies, as well as committed to the processes of social integration, respect for multiculturalism, environmental sustainability and defense of human rights, with special interest in the most vulnerable groups in the food chain such as farmers and consumers. The Master is looking for students who aspire to obtain specialized knowledge of rural society that allows them to position themselves critically, within a framework of personal ideological freedom, in the face of the main events in our environment, distancing themselves from adulterated or biased visions. They must be students who, in addition, are concerned not only with the acquisition of academic content, but also with the generation of new knowledge through research. Knowledge of languages, basic computer skills, a critical sense and an entrepreneurial spirit, initiative, creativity, relational skills, and social and environmental commitment are recommended.
The recommended academic and personal profile of entry would be that of university graduates and graduates of undergraduate / bachelor's degrees in the field of Social and Legal Sciences (Law, Labor Sciences, Labor Relations or Management and Public Administration) or Business Sciences and Economics (Economics, Marketing, Administration and Business Management), although graduates in any of the agronomy branches who wish to train in the management of the different activities carried out in the agrifood chain will also have access, and professionals in the sector whose qualifications do not fit into the above branches but who have sufficient experience to deal with the content of the Master. The proposed Master has a multidisciplinary character and, therefore, It is open to a wide variety of disciplines all related to legal, economic, business and agricultural sciences. Its design and objectives lead to direct access by students who have training in the following fields:
- As a priority: graduates and graduates in Law, graduates and graduates in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration and Management or Business, Labor Sciences, Management and Public Administration or Agronomy, Labor Relations or Management and public administration.
- In addition, the admission of students with equivalent or related degrees, as well as Diplomas and equivalent or related foreign degrees, may be assessed.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Food Quality and Safety Module
- Food Quality
- Food Safety
Agri-Food Law Module
- Negotiation in the Food Chain and Contractual Relations
- Rural Development
- Scope of Human Resource Management and Labour Law
- Sustainable Agriculture and Environment
Module Empresa Agroalimentaria
- Agrarian Associative Entities
- Cropping Sytems
- Family Business
- Management Agro-Food Company
Module Marketing and Finance
- Agricultural Companies Financing
- Agrifood Marketing
Commercial Policies and Competitiveness Module
- Agricultural Trade Relations of the European Union
- Agri-Food Economics and Sustainability
- Agrifood Innovations
Module Internships in Business
- External Internships
End of Master Module
- Masters Final Project
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 886.72 EUR
The main objective of the Master is to provide participants with theoretical and practical knowledge in the area of agri-food activity management, so that such learning allows them to understand the organization in its entirety and face the new challenges that arise in the context of the food chain: from production, through marketing and finance, to the legal and economic relations of the main and auxiliary business network that is currently taking place in the southeast of Spain and that affects intensive, competitive agriculture and a European benchmark in fruit and vegetables.
At the end of the Master in Management of agri-food activity, the participants will have a complete vision from the production in greenhouses, passing the value chain until reaching the consumer, which will allow:
- A comprehensive training in the management area to understand the organization as a whole and face management in a changing and globalized environment.
- Complete vision of the agri-food value chain to understand the existing inter-relationships and their impact on the business environment.
- The most innovative techniques and tools for business management and technologies to support business decision making.
- Development of key management skills in professional success.
- Global strategic thinking and an innovative attitude when facing business problems and challenges.
- Best business practices along the value chain and emerging trends in the agri-food scene at the national and international level.
- A valuable network of contacts.
At the end of the Master in Management of Agrifood Activity, the student may directly join the Doctorate program in Economic, Business and Legal Sciences, offered at the UAL jointly between the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences
The professional qualification of the company and the agri-food activity will enable the student to work in:
- Professional offices specialized in the area of the company.
- Legal and economic advice of agricultural cooperatives, SATS, OPFH, SL agrarian,
unions and other agrarian organizations.
- Agricultural consulting and audits.
- Finance and financial services specialized in agri-food activity.
- Manager and administrator of rustic farms or agrarian companies.
- Marketing and commercialization of fruit and vegetable products.
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Management of Agro-Food Activity? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...