M. in Chemical Engineering
The general objective of this Master is to train and specialize students for the exercise of the profession of Chemical Engineer and provide training in R+D+I in Chemical Engineering. It also gives access to Doctoral studies in Chemical Engineering. The Master complements the Degree in Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemical Engineering and implies a deepening and extension of the knowledge acquired in them.
- Students will acquire the technical knowledge and professional skills necessary to organize, design and control production in chemical and bioprocess plants, as well as to manage and develop quality control and environmental management plans.
- Students will be experts in the conception, calculation, design, construction and operation of facilities or equipment in which matter undergoes a change of state, energy content or composition.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Master programs, the basic requirement is to have an Undergraduate diploma.
Please use the "Request information" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
The Master in Chemical Engineering is preferably aimed at Graduates in Chemical Engineering / Industrial Chemical Engineering
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module Management and Optimization of Production and Sustainability
- Business Management and Organization (UMA)
- Stay in companies or research centers (UAL)
- Production Management and Sustainability of Chemical Processes (UMA)
- R + D + i in Chemical Engineering (UAL)
- Safety and Risk Analysis in the Chemical Industry (UMA)
Process and Product Engineering Module
- Analysis and Advanced Design of Transfer Operations (UAL)
- Analysis and Advanced Design of Chemical Reactors (UAL)
- Water Treatment by Solar Energy (UAL)
- Bioprocess Dynamics and Simulation (UAL)
- Design of Processes and Chemical Products (UAL)
- Design of Matter Exchange Networks for Pollution Prevention (UMA)
- Advanced Transportation Phenomena (UCA)
- Food Biotechnology Industries (UCA)
- Process Engineering applied to Microalgae Biotechnology (UAL)
- Lipid Enzyme Engineering (UAL)
- Bioprocess Laboratory (UAL)
- Microorganisms involved in the Manufacture of Biofuels (UCA)
- New Trends in Process Design: Chemical Reaction Separation Operations (UMA)
- Industrial Organic Chemicals (UAL)
- Simulation, Optimization and Control of Chemical Processes (UCA)
End of Master Module
- End of Master's Project (UAL)
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 886.72 EUR
The general objectives that are proposed to be achieved by students during their training period until the degree is achieved, providing quality comprehensive training through a training plan that will provide the graduate with adequate training for the development of academic, research and professional activity.
These objectives will be developed, in any case,
- from the respect of fundamental rights and equality between men and women,
- from the respect and promotion of Human Rights and the principles of universal accessibility and design for all and,
- in accordance with the values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
This Master will provide, for those who wish, adequate training for the continuation of doctoral studies in the area of Chemical Engineering
The versatility of Chemical Engineering, the level of training acquired and the skills developed make graduates of the Master in Chemical Engineering adaptable professionals who are able to enter quickly into an increasingly competitive job market.
The traditional field of the chemical engineer with a master's degree is entrepreneurship or centers for the creation and transfer of knowledge at different levels of engineering, production, R&D or management. Among the most important outputs are the following:
- Petrochemical, agri-food, pharmaceutical, bioprocess, biotechnology industries, etc.
- Research in the private and public sectors. Laboratories and R&D institutes.
- Engineering companies.
- Free exercise of the profession: commissioned projects.
- Teaching in secondary and higher education.
- Services and commercial sector.
- Audit (energy, environmental, etc.) and advice on new projects, investments, etc.
- Generation of own company. The dynamism of chemical engineers allows them to have enough ideas and the drive to run their own business.
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates