B. in Environmental Sciences
The Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences constitutes a completely necessary training program to provide society with tools and human resources capable of contributing and causing the transition towards sustainability.
Graduates will be trained to deal with the audits, implantation, certification and renewal of seals, preparation of documentation, procedure manuals, etc. As well as the identification and evaluation of environmental legislation, in addition to promoting and collaborating in awareness-raising actions related to the environment.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English.
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Undergraduate programs, the basic requirements are to have a High-School diploma and a B1 Spanish Language certificate.
Please use the "Request information" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
The potential applicants for the degree would be young people who have acquired knowledge of Biology and Environment during the Baccalaureate, and who show interest in developing their professional activity in areas where some of the most significant future challenges arise; adaptation to global change, maintenance of biodiversity and the development of eco-efficient approaches in all areas of economic activity. It must be borne in mind that it is fundamentally a degree with a highly scientific and technological academic profile, although the social and economic aspects related to sustainability are also relevant.
On the other hand, the training offered by the proposed title may also be of interest to professionals from other work areas (engineering, architecture, tourism, business, etc.) who seek to acquire knowledge and skills in environmental management to enrich and update this mode your catalog of capabilities.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module Specific Module
- Animal and Plant Ecophysiology
- Bioremediation and Biorecovering
- Drylands Ecohydrology
- Economy of Sustainability
- Ecosystem Services for the Pest Control
- Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety
- Environmental Audits and Standardization
- Environmental Communication and Citizen Science
- Georisks and Desertification
- Priority Habitats and Green Infrastructures
- Soil Restoration Techniques
- Sustainable Management of the Marine and Coastal Environments
- Techniques for Restoration of Ecosystems
Module Module Practices
- Degree's Final Project
- External Internship
- Field Workshop in Environmental Sciences
Module Módulo Troncal
- Biodiversity I: Microbiota
- Biodiversity II: Flora
- Biodiversity III: Fauna
- Conservation and Management of Natural Areas
- Energy and Eco-efficiency
- Environmental Applications of Geoinformation
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmetal Consulting, Plans and Programs
- Environmetal Impact Assessment
- Environmetal Policy and Governance
- Field Technics and Data Analysis
- Geodiversity and Geological Heritage
- Global Change and Socioecological Systems
- Hydrology and Groundwater
- Introduction to Geoinformation Science
- Landscape Analysis
- Limnology and Marine Ecology
- Meteorology and Climate Change
- Regional and Spatial Planning
- Soil Science
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 823.12 EUR
The training objectives of the Degree in Environmental Sciences for the University of Almería are oriented both to the acquisition and development of the basic and transversal educational competences of the University of Almería, as well as the specific skills derived from the subjects to be studied (basic, compulsory and electives), the Final Degree Project and the internships in companies. These objectives will allow graduates to carry out their professional work as graduates with a high competitive level. In this sense, the necessary competences are developed to be able to confront professional attributions with guarantee in accordance with the State Coordinator of Environmental Sciences (CECCAA) and the Official College of Ambientologists of Andalusia (COAMBA)
The proposal includes comprehensive training for the individual that allows them to transmit environmental ethical values, essential for the transition of society towards sustainability, and to exercise their profession of ambientologist in different areas, both in the public and private sectors, in consultancy work, teaching, regulated or not regulated, and research, of its competence such as:
- Environmental training and teaching.
- Environmental education and communication. Ecotourism.
- Participation, negotiation and mediation in environmental conflicts.
- Study, analysis and management of natural resources and ecosystem services.
- Interpretation and ecological-landscape assessment.
- Planning, analysis and management of biodiversity and socio-ecosystems.
- Global change and climate change.
- Scientific and technical advice on sustainability and eco-innovation.
- Advice on environmental management, regulations and environmental legislation.
- Territory planning and management.
- Environmental Impact Assessment of plans, programs and projects.
- Environmental supervision and inspection of works and activities.
Graduates will have direct access to pursue master's degrees
CCAA graduates will be trained to deal with the audits, implantation, certification and renewal of seals, preparation of documentation, procedure manuals, etc. As well as the identification and evaluation of environmental legislation, in addition to promoting and collaborating in awareness-raising actions related to the environment.
Additionally, the expectation in demand for graduates in Environmental Sciences is expected to be much higher due to the increase in social sensitivity and the forecast of diversification of environmental problems generated by the pressure of more and new activities.
In the immediate future, the application of the Andalusian Climate Change Law will promote a new regulatory framework for companies that will be forced to implement it. For which these graduates will constitute the key professionals.
Finally, it should be noted that the province constitutes a privileged environment for the future development of renewable energies, a sector with an enormous projection that will demand professionals with the profile of the degree
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America