B. in English Studies + Hispanic Philology
These Bachelor's Double Degree program in English Studies and Hispanic Philology allow access to a training that improves the qualification of its students especially in the case of those who intend to follow these professional paths:
- Teaching in Secondary School and A levels/High School (through the Master in Secondary School Teaching)
- University Teaching and Research (through the Doctorate)
- Public civil servants in general (up to Group A)
- Style correcting, linguistic and communication counselling.
- Creative and cultural Companies.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Undergraduate programs, the basic requirements are to have a High-School diploma and a B1 Spanish Language certificate.
Please use the "Request information" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Academic Year 1. 1st Term
- Arabic I
- Foundation Course in General Linguistics
- French I.
- German I
- Introduction to English Linguistics
- Introduction to 20th Century English Literature: Poetry, Drama and
- Principles of Literary Theory
- Written expression
Academic Year 1. 2nd Term
- Arabic II
- Descriptive Grammar of the Spanish Language I
- English phonology and phonetics
- Foundations for analysis and use of the Spanish Language
- French II
- German II
- Greek and Latin Foundations of the Spanish Language
- Introduction to Literature
Academic Year 2. 1st Term
- Arabic III
- English Literature: 18th and 19th Century
- French III
- German III
- Instrumental English
- Literary theories in Spain
- Medieval Spanish and Andalusi Arabic Literature
- The History and Culture of anglophone Countries
Academic Year 2. 2nd Term
- Arabic IV
- Female anglophone Authors from the 18th, 19th and 20th Centuries
- French IV
- German IV
- History of Linguistics
- Literature from other anglophone Countries
- Semantics and Lexicology of the Spanish Language
- Spanish Literature of the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro)
Academic Year 3. 1st Term
- Classical Tradition in English Literature: the Reception of Drama
- Classical Tradition in English Literature: the Reception of Genres
- Descriptive Grammar of the Spanish Language II
- Greek for English Studies
- History of the Spanish Language I
- Latin American Literature
- Latin for English Studies
- Oral expression
Academic Year 3. 2nd Term
- Creative Writing
- History of the English Language
- Literature, Image and Communication Technology
- North American Literature: 19th Century
- Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis in the English Language
- Specialized uses of the Spanish Language
Academic Year 4. 1st Term
- Comparative Literature
- History of the Spanish Language II
- Literary Theories in Great Britain and the United States
- Oral discourse analysis in Spanish
- Renaissance English Literature: 17th Century
- 20th and 21st Century Spanish Literature
Academic Year 4. 2nd Term
- Critical Discourse Analysis in Spanish
- English literary Texts: 19th & 20th Centuries
- English Syntax I
- Latin American Literature II
- Spanish Literature from the 18th and 19th Centuries
- The History and Culture of Hispanic Countries
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 823.12 EUR
The general objectives that are proposed to be achieved by students during their training period until the degree is achieved, providing quality comprehensive training through a training plan that will provide the graduate with adequate training for the development of academic, research and professional activity.
These objectives will be developed, in any case,
- from the respect of fundamental rights and equality between men and women,
- from the respect and promotion of Human Rights and the principles of universal accessibility and design for all and,
- in accordance with the values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
Obtained the Master of Secondary, you can access teaching at that level.
The Double Degree in English Studies and Hispanic Philology , linked to the Degree in Humanities, links to the Masters in English Studies, Social Communication and Gender Studies to access the Doctorate in Arts and Humanities. To dedicate to teaching in Secondary, it is necessary to take the corresponding Master
The double degree will allow expanding training opportunities after completion. Graduates may take any of the postgraduate courses offered by the participating Faculties
- Teaching in Secondary and Baccalaureate (through the Secondary Master).
- University Teaching and Research (through the Doctorate).
- Public function in general (up to Group A).
- Style correction, linguistic and communication consulting.
- Creative and cultural based companie
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in English Studies + Hispanic Philology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Carson, United States of America