Marketing Management for Events, Hospitality and Tourism (Taught)University College Birmingham
Awarded by: University of Birmingham
If you want to work in a dynamic marketing role, in the events, hospitality or tourism industries, then this course will provide you with the knowledge and experience necessary to succeed.
The focus of this course is on developing effective marketing management competencies through the study of a range of modules specifically designed to encapsulate and reflect the contemporary marketing environment.
You will have the opportunity to undertake projects in a live marketing context and act as a consultant to develop strategies and marketing plans for clients. You will benefit from interaction and engagement with leading marketing practitioners and academics as well as having access to a wide range of specific marketing resources. This industry-based experience is very valuable and will enhance your overall employability.
This course encompasses a corporate team-building event to develop the skills that you learned during your undergraduate studies and raise them to a higher academic level.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will develop your professional career in marketing as you specialise in the dynamic events, hospitality and tourism industries.
- You will be given a choice of specialist modules that allow you to customise your degree to suit your career aspirations.
- You will learn advanced business functions in marketing management and how to apply them to the industry.
- You will work with real clients, helping to develop marketing plans and strategies in order to develop your industry experience.
- You will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of alternative marketing approaches and appreciate the changing nature of the contemporary business environment.
"Students on the Marketing Management for Events, Hospitality and Tourism MA took part in a live project with Hobsons Brewery as part of the Integrated Marketing Communications module. Following a brief and a tour of the site, students had to write an integrated marketing communications plan for Hobsons and work in teams of three to design new communications materials. The competition led to the creation of the Funkie Food & Ale cookbook, which showcased recipes such as Saucy Postman’s Pudding – a mixture of prunes, toffee sauce and Hobsons Postman’s Knock ruby porter."
Hobsons Brewery live project
If you are looking for further work experience opportunities, our highly experienced hired@UCB staff members have a diverse mix of advisors with experience in a wide variety of areas including early years, education, learning disability, special education, child protection, community service development and management.
At UCB, we understand the importance of work placements within academic study, and our employer contacts say they give preference to students with qualifications who also have experience within the field.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
- Consumer Dynamics
- Events, Hospitality and Tourism Insights
- Global Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Planning and Operations
- Masters Research Project
- Designing Event Experiences
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Strategic Brand Management
- Hospitality Operations Development
- Professional Postgraduate Placement
If you want to get your foot in the door of an organisation then this 6 month optional placement will give you valuable experience, enhance your CV and may help your future employment prospects.
The modules listed on the website for this course are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by industry as well as the latest teaching methods. Unless otherwise stated, the modules listed above for this course are for students starting in the academic year 2019/20. On occasion, we may need to make unexpected changes to modules and if this occurs, we will contact all offer holders as soon as possible.
- UK/EU - £7000.
English and EU students studying a full Masters (MA/MSc) course (i.e. the full 180 credits) may be eligible for a Postgraduate loan from Student Finance, if you meet the relevant criteria.
- Non-EU - £11,000
MA Marketing Management for Events, Hospitality and Tourism
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates have secured jobs in the public, private and voluntary sectors as event organisers, salespeople, market researchers and PR and promotional positions.
Graduating with this degree will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Conference and exhibition venue management
- Hotel and business centre management
- Destination management organisations (DMOs)
- Events management companies
- Marketing positions within major companies
hired@UCB is our new student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Based in the heart of the UK’s biggest regional city, University College Birmingham (UCB) is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. UCB specialises in vocational courses in both the Higher Education and Further Education...
Want to know more about Marketing Management for Events, Hospitality and Tourism (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!