Awarded by: University of Birmingham
Marketing is a dynamic business and social media and e-commerce have transformed the way many service sector companies manage their marketing approach. Trained professionals with proven e-marketing skills are in-demand within both online and high street businesses.
The Marketing Management degree gives you the business and marketing theory as well as the practical experience you need to succeed in this demanding field. You will gain a thorough grounding in marketing principles, creativity and innovation and the necessary business ready skills sought by employers.
Using our extensive industrial contacts, this course features promotional and PR work, with market research and market planning briefs conducted with local organisations in order to apply theory to practice. A key feature of this course lies in the use of live projects and case studies, which will bring you into contact with professional practitioners and provides an opportunity to demonstrate your marketing knowledge and skills in a commercial setting.
Throughout the course there are opportunities to customise your studies through a range of specialist optional modules, gain valuable work experience in events and marketing, take part in an industry-based competition and gain an industry recognised marketing qualification from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Why should I choose this course?
- Whether you want to start your career in marketing or are looking to build on previous marketing experience, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- It will allow you to develop and demonstrate technical, creative, supervisory and managerial skills in preparation for a career in marketing management.
- It will give you plenty of opportunities to put marketing theory into practice, hence developing your business-ready skills.
- You will be learning from experienced lecturers and industry professionals through a mix of lectures, seminars, workshops, ‘real world’ simulations and guest lectures.
- You will learn how to evaluate the success of marketing activities through a range of innovative assessments, including e-debates, academic posters, action plans and digital diaries.
- Give yourself the employment edge and learn a language as an optional module.
All new students studying a full-time, undergraduate or PGCE course, paying fees at the maximum rate (£9,250), and with a student status of Home, EU or Channel Isles are eligible to receive £300 per year via the Kick-Start Scheme. To find out more about how these funds can support your studies and your future career, and to find out if you are eligible for an additional £500 per year, visit Kick-Start FAQs.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
- The External Business Environment
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Marketing Dynamics
- People and Organisations
- Planning for Professional Development
- Principles of Communication
- Principles of Finance
- Consumer Insights
- Creative Communications for Business
- Employability in Practice
- Marketing Intelligence
- Advertising Psychology
Optional Work Placement
- Professional Placement
Plus one option from:
- Voluntary Initiative
- Modern Languages (Upper Intermediate)
- Applied e-Business and e-Marketing
- Creative Communications
- Enterprise Start-up Studies
- Operational Sales Management
- Business Innovation and the Environment
Year 3 or year 4 if the 1 year work placement was taken
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- International Marketing
- Leadership and Change Management
Plus one option from:
- Brand Management
- Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
- Advertising and Media Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Contemporary Business Environment
- Contemporary Entrepreneurial Studies
In the final year students will have the option of choosing one of the following research modules:
- Research Project
- Marketing Showcase
- Research Design (for Block only)
The modules listed on the website for this course are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by industry as well as the latest teaching methods. Unless otherwise stated, the modules listed above for this course are for students starting in the academic year 2020/21. On occasion, we may need to make unexpected changes to modules and if this occurs, we will contact all offer holders as soon as possible.
BA (Hons) Marketing Management
Upon successful completion of the Marketing Management course, graduates have secured jobs in event promotions, sales management and marketing research. Many graduates also pursue entrepreneurial ambitions and start their own businesses.
Graduating with this degree will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Advertising and media
- Communications and marketing
- The health and education sectors
- Public relations
hired@UCB is our student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, the hired@UCB team comprises specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships and apprenticeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
About this institute
University College of Birmingham
Based in the heart of the UK’s biggest regional city, University College Birmingham (UCB) is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. UCB specialises in vocational courses in both the Higher Education and Further Education sectors with...
Why study at University College Birmingham
Why Choose Us?
Your choice of college or university will play an important part in shaping your career and fulfilling your ambitions.
It’s crucial you pick a place that feels right for you – and where you will be happy. It needs to be a university that will help you achieve your goals; a place you can trust.
So why choose University College Birmingham? Where shall we begin…?
The first thing you need to know is that UCB is a compact, specialist institution in the heart of England’s biggest regional city. Birmingham has the buzz of a major city without the inflated London price tag.
The University is big on vocational courses – the majority of which are accredited by the University of Birmingham – and big on linking academic theory to modern workplace skills. It’s also big on you. Our size and teaching philosophy means the focus is on each individual student. At University College Birmingham, you will never be a face in the crowd.
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Want to know more about Marketing Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
7,300 EUR-8,800 EUR
Alliance, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
9,150 EUR-10,300 EUR