International Tourism Management (Taught)University College Birmingham
Awarded by: University of Birmingham
Tourism is one of the largest, most dynamic and competitive industries in the world, creating a demand for managers who possess high-level knowledge and skills to succeed in this exciting global industry. This course will enhance your management potential and develop your critical thinking, problem-solving, research and analytical skills to make an immediate impact on a tourism or service organisation.
Students will have the opportunity to specialise in a range of areas through our optional module offer.
A strong emphasis is placed on the role of communication and creativity in effective management practice, together with an in-depth understanding of contemporary issues.
A key feature of this course is the ‘international live industry project’, where you will travel to an overseas destination and apply your skills and knowledge to a real tourism context.
Previous students have completed projects in the Gambia, the Azores (in Portugal), the Canaries, Cyprus, Madeira and Dubai.
During your studies, you will work on other industry consultancy projects, network and debate contemporary themes in ‘creative dialogue’ sessions and mix with a diverse range of nationalities. The course also offers you an opportunity to undertake an optional placement.
View the latest Tourism & Aviation newsletter.
Why should I choose this course?
- UCB is an Institute of Travel & Tourism ‘Centre of Excellence’ and a leading provider of innovative undergraduate and postgraduate courses in tourism, with a national and international reputation.
- UCB’s well-developed international links are reflected in our thriving international student body, which makes for a diverse and friendly atmosphere.
- Our lecturers have significant industry and academic experience.
- Postgraduate students will also benefit from a ‘professional mentor’ to offer further guidance and advice on advancing their careers.
- The ‘live industry project’ is a fantastic opportunity to travel abroad, gain experience and use the skills you develop on your course in a real industry environment.
You will have the opportunity to undertake an optional six-month placement on the successful completion of the taught part of your course. You are required to secure your own placement with the support of our highly experienced hired@UCB team, who have a diverse mix of experience in a wide variety of industries.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
- UK/EU - £7000.
English and EU students studying a full Masters (MA/MSc) course (i.e. the full 180 credits) may be eligible for a Postgraduate loan from Student Finance, if you meet the relevant criteria.
- Non-EU - £11,000
MSc International Tourism Management
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to move into a wide variety of areas within the international tourism industry. Graduates have also gone on to work in corporate travel, destination management, business travel, consultancy, set up their own businesses, and in the wider travel industry.
Graduating with this MSc will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Tour operations
- Travel organisations
- Destination management organisations
- Tourism marketing
- The transport sector, including aviation
- The attractions sector
- Tourism consultancy
- Digital tourism organisations
hired@UCB is our student and alumni support service, designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly-refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Based in the heart of the UK’s biggest regional city, University College Birmingham (UCB) is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. UCB specialises in vocational courses in both the Higher Education and Further Education...
Want to know more about International Tourism Management (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.