Health and Social Care Level 3
Start your journey towards a hugely rewarding career in the health and social care profession. Whether you are interested in nurse training, working with the elderly or a role as a health care assistant, our Health and Social Care college course will set you on your way to making a real difference in people’s lives.
This course is not just about classroom learning. You will get hands-on, practical training in realistic environments within our purpose-built Health Hub at University College Birmingham, as well as putting your skills to use in the real world by going on placement each week, letting you explore many different areas of work and gain vital experience alongside your studies.
- You will require at least 4 GCSEs, 2 at grade 4 (grade C) and 2 at grade 3 (grade D) or above, including English/English Literature and Maths at a minimum of grade 2 (grade E). On successful completion of the Award, you can apply for the Certificate.
- School applicants will be required to provide a good school report and references.
- You will require at least 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C) or above, including English/English Literature, and ideally maths at grade 3 (grade D) or above. On successful completion of the Certificate, you can progress on to the Extended Diploma.
- This course requires a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Information about the DBS check and how to apply for it will be sent to you by our placement team.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Topics you will study:
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Human Growth and Development
In addition to the modules above:
- Communication in HSC
- Sociological Perspectives
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Psychological Perspectives
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Reflective Practice
- Dementia Awareness
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Protection of Children, Young People and Adults
- Nutrition for HSC
- Research Skills
- Personal and Professional Development
- Voluntary Organisations
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Public Health
- Empowerment in HSC
Teaching and assessment
Assessment methods for this course:
- Level 3 Award – A portfolio of evidence
- Level 3 Certificate – A portfolio of evidence and one extended assessment
- Level 3 Extended Diploma – A portfolio of evidence and two extended assessments
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Course Duration : 2 year full-time
- Course Start : September (2021)
Course fee for the course
- Level 3 Extended Diploma - £7,395
- Level 3 Certificate - £2,882
- Level 3 Award - not eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan
On successful completion of the Award, you may be eligible to enrol on to the Certificate. Upon completing the Certificate, you will then have the opportunity to enrol on to the Extended Diploma. By the time you finish our Health and Social Care course, you will have a great foundation to progress onto more advanced qualifications as well as openings within the industry, with work available in both the public and private sectors.
The example roles and salaries below are intended as a guide only.
- Healthcare assistant - Average Salary: £17,500
- Care worker - Average Salary: £18,750
- Social work assistant - Average Salary: £18,750
- Residential support worker - Average Salary: £22,000
- Senior care worker - Average Salary: £18,750
- Care home advocate - Average Salary: £24,000
About this institute
University College of Birmingham
Based in the heart of the UK’s second-biggest city, University College Birmingham is a specialist university which is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. Most of our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are accredited by the University of Birmingham,...
Why study at University College Birmingham
Why Choose Us?
Your choice of college or university will play an important part in shaping your career and fulfilling your ambitions.
It’s crucial you pick a place that feels right for you – and where you will be happy. It needs to be a university that will help you achieve your goals; a place you can trust.
So why choose University College Birmingham? Where shall we begin…?
The first thing you need to know is that UCB is a compact, specialist institution in the heart of England’s biggest regional city. Birmingham has the buzz of a major city without the inflated London price tag.
The University is big on vocational courses – the majority of which are accredited by the University of Birmingham – and big on linking academic theory to modern workplace skills. It’s also big on you. Our size and teaching philosophy means the focus is on each individual student. At University College Birmingham, you will never be a face in the crowd.
Want to know more about Health and Social Care CACHE Level 3 Award/Certificate/Extended Diploma? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Diploma / certificate
Graduate diploma / certificate
Graduate diploma / certificate