Finance and AccountingUniversity College Birmingham
This Finance and Accounting course is ideal if you are thinking of changing career or want to further develop your skills and knowledge having previously studied a different discipline. You will develop the skills you need to be a strong decision-maker in an increasingly complex, global financial environment, and develop the ability to deal with accounting and finance-related challenges facing local and international organisations.
The experiential approach used in the delivery of the course encourages you to take on opportunities to engage with real-world business problems throughout your studies. Working with ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW, the course is designed to ensure you are highly skilled upon graduating and enables you to apply for exemptions from professional exams.
IT expertise, software skills and entrepreneurship are essential in an increasingly competitive market. Working closely with our delivery partners including NatWest, Santander, PWC and Grant Thornton, you will be exposed to the latest technology and become familiar with the digital tools used in the industry. You also have the opportunity to complete the Bloomberg Certificate (Bloomberg Market Concept) as part of your course.
Why should I choose this course?
- Our planned Bloomberg trading room (due for completion in 2019/20) will support the development of your skills in professional trading
- You will gain international entrepreneurship and finance experience, generously offered by the University, with trips to the US, Europe or the Middle East
- You will have the opportunity to work on live consultancy cases with local and international clients, for example, Fracino (UK), Hayward Tyler (UK), Avingtrans Plc, Nysora (Belgium), Alcaplast (Czech Republic), Disneyland Paris (France), France Volontaires (France), ADP Paris Airport (France) and PRIME (Israel)
- Close links with employers such as NatWest, Santander and accounting firms who have also been involved in the design and delivery of the course
- For your final project, you can research a topic that interests you and that is relevant to your intended future employment
- UCB is ranked #1 for Employability by AdvancedHE for postgraduate courses in business (out of 105 institutions in the UK)
There is an optional six-month placement available on the course.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
- Introduction to Accountancy
- Mathematics for Decision-Making
- Revenue Management and Pricing
- Advanced Accounting and Financial Management
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- Accounting and Finance Case (Research Project)
Optional Modules (choose 1):
- International Entrepreneurship
- Risk and Strategic Enterprise Management
- Managing Across Cultures
- International Financial Reporting
- UK/EU - £7000.
English and EU students studying a full Masters (MA/MSc) course (i.e. the full 180 credits) may be eligible for a Postgraduate loan from Student Finance, if you meet the relevant criteria.
- Non-EU - £11,000
MSc Finance and Accounting
Graduating with this course will enable you to work in any organisation, covering roles such as a financial analyst, payroll outsourcer, company secretary, forensic accountant and stockbroker.
Your degree would also be useful for the following roles:
- Business development manager
- Data analyst
- Licensed conveyancer
- Management consultant
- Mortgage adviser
- Purchasing manager
- Retail banker
- Tax adviser
- Financial consultant
hired@UCB is our new student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Find out more about hired@UCB services.
Based in the heart of the UK’s biggest regional city, University College Birmingham (UCB) is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. UCB specialises in vocational courses in both the Higher Education and Further Education...
Want to know more about Finance and Accounting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.