Esports BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
Esports is an industry rapidly on the rise. Global Esports revenues are tipped to hit $1.8 billion by 2022, with more than 450 million viewers tuning in last year. As part of a balanced lifestyle, it’s also a beneficial alternative to passive media like TV and supports building a wide array of technical and personal skills. Our BTEC Esports college course lets you explore the field in depth and opens doors to a future in this booming business.
Esports has strong connections to computing education, STEAM subjects and developing business and enterprise skills, cyber skills and digital literacy. Endorsed by the British Esports Association for learners wanting to work in the industry, this Level 3 course builds upon a wealth of transferable skills and enables you to experience different aspects of Esports, covering a range of subjects from video production and branding to games design and computer networking.
- Normally, you will require 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C) and above, including maths or English. (GCSE equivalent qualifications in English and maths will also be accepted)
- Alternatively you will need a BTEC Level 2 Diploma plus English or maths
- School applicants will be required to provide a good school report and references
- You should be committed, enthusiastic and have a desire to succeed in the IT industry
- If you do not have a grade 4 (grade C) or above in English and/or maths and you are under 19, you will be required to complete an assessment so we can ensure you receive appropriate support.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Topics you will study:
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players
- Producing an Esports Brand
- Games Design
- Esports Coaching
- Esports Events
- Live-streamed Broadcasting
- Video Production
- Business Applications of Esports in Social Media
- Ethical and Current Issues in Esports
- Launching Your Esports Enterprise
- Computer Networking
Teaching and assessment
You will be assessed through 100% coursework assignments and projects, some of which will involve industry-related visits.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Course Duration : 2 year full-time
- Course Start : September (2021)
By completing our Esports BTEC course, you will gain a recognised qualification that will enable you to progress to employment in the industry, possibly via an apprenticeship. You could also move into higher education with potential pathways ranging from media to events management, as well as accessing Higher Nationals directly from your qualification.
Esports will rival the biggest traditional sports leagues in terms of future opportunities, and between advertising, ticket sales, licensing, sponsorships and merchandising, there are tremendous growth areas for this nascent industry.
Note: Some roles below may require further study/training. The roles and salaries below are intended as a guide only.
- Marketing executive - Average salary: £26,500 – £30,500
- Social media manager - Average salary: £25,000 – £32,000
- Event manager - Average Salary: £33,000
- Journalist/content creator - Average Salary: £24,000
- Production crew - Variable
- Professional Esports player - Variable
About this institute
University College of Birmingham
Based in the heart of the UK’s second-biggest city, University College Birmingham is a specialist university which is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. Most of our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are accredited by the University of Birmingham,...
Why study at University College Birmingham
Why Choose Us?
Your choice of college or university will play an important part in shaping your career and fulfilling your ambitions.
It’s crucial you pick a place that feels right for you – and where you will be happy. It needs to be a university that will help you achieve your goals; a place you can trust.
So why choose University College Birmingham? Where shall we begin…?
The first thing you need to know is that UCB is a compact, specialist institution in the heart of England’s biggest regional city. Birmingham has the buzz of a major city without the inflated London price tag.
The University is big on vocational courses – the majority of which are accredited by the University of Birmingham – and big on linking academic theory to modern workplace skills. It’s also big on you. Our size and teaching philosophy means the focus is on each individual student. At University College Birmingham, you will never be a face in the crowd.
Want to know more about Esports BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate
Diploma / certificate
Graduate diploma / certificate
California, United States of America
Diploma / certificate
Bowling Green, United States of America