Enterprise Management (Taught)University College Birmingham
Awarded by: University of Birmingham and also is accredited by Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
In the increasingly competitive business environment, there is high demand for creativity, innovation and uniqueness - and a growing demand for businesses to be enterprising. Our Enterprise Management course has been developed in partnership with industry professionals to give you the business knowledge and work experience you need to advance in management positions in the enterprise service sector. The course will also give you the skills to set up your own business and learn how to grow and develop strategically. As you explore the basis of entrepreneurial activity, you will further develop your business and management skills enabling you to identify and respond to new business opportunities. You can develop your own business plan as an option for your final year research project, with our industry partners contributing to your business development process.
Additionally, the course is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. If you successfully complete the Enterprise Management course, you will also be eligible for a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership from the CMI. You also gain CMI membership for the duration of your course which allows you access to a wide range of additional CMI learning resources to further support your studies. More information can be found here.
Why should I choose this course?
- If you are thinking of enhancing your career in the business sector, setting up your own business or taking your business to the next strategic level, this course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- You will interact and engage with entrepreneurs who will mentor you through the duration of the course and ensure you develop the appropriate skills and knowledge to succeed as a manager or entrepreneur.
- The course offers you a route into self-employment, especially if you have got a sound business start-up idea that you have always wanted to realise and implement.
- The course has a practical focus with an ethos of “learn by doing.” You will work alongside both local and national entrepreneurs on "live" business activity and development projects.
- The course has been designed in collaboration with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and provides you with the opportunity to achieve Chartered Manager status.
There is an optional six-month placement available on the course.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
- Business Creation and Development
- Enterprise Project
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- International Entrepreneurship
- Personal Leadership Development
- Risk and Strategic Enterprise Management
Optional Modules (choose 1):
- International Financial Management
- Strategic Brand Management
- Managing Across Cultures
- Marketing and Digital Media
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Professional Postgraduate Placement
If you want to get your foot in the door of an organisation then this 6 month optional placement will give you valuable experience, enhance your CV and may help your future employment prospects.
The modules listed on the website for this course are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by industry as well as the latest teaching methods. Unless otherwise stated, the modules listed above for this course are for students starting in the academic year 2019/20. On occasion, we may need to make unexpected changes to modules and if this occurs, we will contact all offer holders as soon as possible.
- UK/EU - £7000.
English and EU students studying a full Masters (MA/MSc) course (i.e. the full 180 credits) may be eligible for a Postgraduate loan from Student Finance, if you meet the relevant criteria.
- Non-EU - £11,000
MSc Enterprise Management
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to set up your own business start-up.
- At a managerial level, you may wish to engage in business development for an existing SME.
- Enterprise consultancy.
- Project Management.
- Financial Management.
- The enterprise nature of the course allows you to pursue a career in a sector driven by your own preferences.
hired@UCB is our new student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Based in the heart of the UK’s biggest regional city, University College Birmingham (UCB) is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. UCB specialises in vocational courses in both the Higher Education and Further Education...
Want to know more about Enterprise Management (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.