Culinary Arts Management (Taught)University College Birmingham
Awarded by: University of Birmingham
If you are seeking to develop a career within the culinary environment of the hospitality industry, this course provides a direct career pathway for you.
The management of professional culinary enterprises proves an exciting challenge. Artistry and technique need to be blended with business and management acumen, coupled with the skills of creativity and innovation. The challenge is to always meet changing consumer demands, research trends and effectively manage an operation.
You will study classical culinary technique and adapt it to the contemporary culinary environment. Innovation, recipe and food product development will be strong components of your overall experience. The international nature of the modern culinary environment is reflected in the content and delivery of this course – as are the challenges of managing culinary operations as profit centres.
Some previous culinary experience is required, but the course is also open to students from educational and industry backgrounds.
Why should I choose this course?
- UCB is a specialist and internationally-renowned provider of courses in hospitality and culinary arts management.
- You will enhance your knowledge and application of culinary technique and develop your ability to manage within a culinary environment.
- You will be able to specialise and develop advanced techniques through our state-of-the-art facilities, staff expertise and an optional work placement.
- UCB’s well-developed international links are reflected in our thriving international study body and out internationally-recognised qualifications.
- Our lecturers have a wealth of industry experience to draw from and keep up-to-date on industry developments as well as academic research.
The University has a total of nine industry-standard training kitchens which regularly are used for prestigious chef competitions and demonstrations. Practical sessions are also held in the 'Create It' and 'Innovate It' kitchens in the Food Science and Innovation Suite.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
- Culinary Artistry - A Modern Approach
- Culinary Management Project
- Managing Across Cultures
- Masters Research Project
- Revenue & Performance Analysis
- Culinary Product Development
- Product and Quality Management
- Business Enterprise
- Managing Profitable Food and Beverage Operations
- Postgraduate Work Placement
The modules listed on the website for this course are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by industry as well as the latest teaching methods. Unless otherwise stated, the modules listed above for this course are for students starting in the academic year 2019/20. On occasion, we may need to make unexpected changes to modules and if this occurs, we will contact all offer holders as soon as possible.
- UK/EU - £7000.
English and EU students studying a full Masters (MA/MSc) course (i.e. the full 180 credits) may be eligible for a Postgraduate loan from Student Finance, if you meet the relevant criteria.
- Non-EU - £11,000
Based in the heart of the UK’s biggest regional city, University College Birmingham (UCB) is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. UCB specialises in vocational courses in both the Higher Education and Further Education...
Want to know more about Culinary Arts Management (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!