Specializing Master Viticulture and EnologyUniversità Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
About this program
Specializing Master Viticulture and Enology
The Master in Viticulture and Enology aims at addressing how vineyard and winery innovation is quickly becoming part of the Italian viticulture tradition. Italy is now the largest wine producer in the world and boasts the greatest variety in terms of cultivars.
The peculiarities of Italian viticulture and opportunity to maintain a leading role in the field are today bound by the ability to introduce sustainable innovation without losing its well-known appeal.
Students on the programme will:
- Acquire a solid methodology and knowledge suitable to address innovation issues in vineyard and winery;
- Achieve specific skills for new canopy management techniques suitable to mitigate undesired climate-related effects, new sustainable approaches for pest and disease control, precision viticulture and enology;
- Develop the ability to diagnose limiting factors occurring in vineyards and wineries and to produce suitable solutions;
- Learn to pro-actively take part in discussions dealing with viticulture and enology topics.
Basics in viticulture and enology are required. For those not having such requirement, a pre-course named “Viticulture, Enology and Peist Pathology” is offered over the three weeks preceeding the start of the Master.
Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English or that have not completed a programme taught entirely in English, are required to provide evidence of a B2 level of English proficiency; either via a certificate (TOEFL/iBT, Academic IELTS) or via a Skype interview with the Master committee.
General entry requirements
- Completion of at least an undergraduate degree, obtained after a minumum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS):
- EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained before the start of the programme.
- Non-EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained at least two months prior to the start of the programme.
- Università Cattolica will evaluate candidates’ academic and personal background and decide if they meet the specific conditions for admission to the chosen graduate programme.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Courses and other activities
- Pre-course: Basics in Viticulture, Enology and Plant pathology
- Vineyard variability: traditional and precision approaches
- Topics in wine-marketing
- Enhancing the wine quality: innovations in monitoring and controls.
- Applied grapevine eco-physiology
- Advances in enology
- Disease and pest management toward a sustainable viticulture
- Total teaching
- Individual work
Scholarships & funding
- Number of scholarships available: 4
- Scholarship value: Up to 30%
Tuition fees: €7,500
Total ECTS: 60
Message the school
About this institute
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Università Cattolica students and alumni feel fortunate to be part of the largest private university in Europe, characterised by a strong commitment to providing dedicated services to students and by its recognised academic quality.Studying at Cattolica means studying in an...
Why study at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largest private university in Europe
Historical University with 100 years of history, largest private university in Europe for number of enrolled students. True international experience, more than 150 different nationalities represented in amazing destinations such as Milan, Rome, Brescia, Cremona and Piacenza.
Internationally recognized quality teaching
Multidisciplinary university with 12 different Schools, 40+ English taught programmes at all study levels in several different study fields. 13 of our academic disciplines are listed in the top 300, QS Global Rankings by Subject (2021).
Exceptionally strong ties with the industry
Exposure and connections to relevant employers of the highest prestige: industrial ties with the most globally renowned companies, allowing networking and internship opportunities. With an exceptional graduate placement rate after studying, we rank number 1 in the country for Employer-Student Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020).
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Want to know more about Specializing Master Viticulture and Enology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!