Specializing Master Luxury Goods Management
The Master in Luxury Goods Management (EMLUX) is aimed at those students who wish to carry out their career path in the luxury industry, a sector that requires both an understanding of the process of creativity and a solid managerial approach in order to succeed in an international multifaceted environment. EMLUX allows you to understand the peculiar logic and strategies of luxury companies, which master the ability to craft products desired by clients worldwide.
Starting from the necessary cultural foundations of luxury and the understanding of the utmost importance of craftsmanship and of the Métiers d’Art which are vital for this industry, EMLUX proceeds to unfold the managerial tools that dominate the functions of a luxury company, with a particular focus on brand and marketing management, communication, retail, finance and accounting, which are key to obtain economic stability and long-term growth. Our approach is cross-functional as we believe that today’s and tomorrow’s managers are required not only to be specialized in their own field of expertise but need to be aware of all the connections among different areas.
Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English or that have not completed a programme taught entirely in English, are required to provide evidence of a B2 level of English proficiency; either via a certificate (TOEFL/iBT, Academic IELTS) or via a Skype interview with the Master committee.
General entry requirements
- Completion of at least an undergraduate degree, obtained after a minumum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS):
- EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained before the start of the programme.
- Non-EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained at least two months prior to the start of the programme.
- Università Cattolica will evaluate candidates’ academic and personal background and decide if they meet the specific conditions for admission to the chosen graduate programme.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Definition of the luxury environment
- Sociocultural analysis of luxury
Marketing & Communication
- Marketing management in the luxury industry
- Brand management in the luxury industry
- Communication in the luxury industry
- Market analysis in the luxury environment
Sales & Retail
- Sales and retail in the luxury industry
- Customer relationship mangement
Organization & General Management
- Accounting and financial management
- Legal issues in the luxury industry
- HR management and business organization
- Cross cultural management
- Pricing & performance measurement
Operations & Process Management
- Product design and development
- Supply chain strategy network and design
- Manufacturing, distribuition, operations
- Manufacturing & supply chain management
Innovation & Trends
- Innovation in the luxury industry
Session in Paris
EMLUX includes a session in Paris, France, with a focus on French luxury. The session is a mix of lectures and visits ranging from jewellery to champagne, from hotellerie to leather goods, etc.
Scholarships & funding
- Number of scholarships available: 5
- Scholarship value: €2.500 - €5.000
Tuition fees: €12,000
Total ECTS: 70
EMLUX allows you to acquire an overview of all the different functions of a luxury company so you will be able to understand the peculiarities of the companies that operate in this sector and choose the path for the professional growth that best suits your interests and passions. Participants will, therefore, be exposed to the fundamentals needed to start the following careers:
- Marketing or Brand manager
- Product manager
- Licensing manager
- Retail/wholesale manager
- Communication manager
- Area manager
About this institute
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Università Cattolica students and alumni feel fortunate to be part of the largest private university in Europe, characterised by a strong commitment to providing dedicated services to students and by its recognised academic quality.Studying at Cattolica means studying in an...
Why study at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largest private university in Europe
Historical University with 100 years of history, largest private university in Europe for number of enrolled students. True international experience, more than 150 different nationalities represented in amazing destinations such as Milan, Rome, Brescia, Cremona and Piacenza.
Internationally recognized quality teaching
Multidisciplinary university with 12 different Schools, 40+ English taught programmes at all study levels in several different study fields. 13 of our academic disciplines are listed in the top 300, QS Global Rankings by Subject (2021).
Exceptionally strong ties with the industry
Exposure and connections to relevant employers of the highest prestige: industrial ties with the most globally renowned companies, allowing networking and internship opportunities. With an exceptional graduate placement rate after studying, we rank number 1 in the country for Employer-Student Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020).
Want to know more about Specializing Master Luxury Goods Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...