Specializing Master Cultural Diplomacy
The Master in Cultural and Digital Diplomacy is primarily addressed to students with professional or semi-professional experience in Arts, Culture, Diplomatic Institutions, who want to deepen their knowledge in these fields with an international strategic approach. The programme is structured around 3 major fields of study: Public Diplomacy and International Relations; Soft Power and Cultural Diplomacy for the creation of the global reputation of Countries, Cities and cultural Institutions; Digital Diplomacy and Global Communication for the engagement of worldwide audiences.
Previous studies must be in one of the following disciplinary areas: Political science, International relations, Public policy, Social sciences, International law, Humanities, Visual and Performing Arts, Arts management, etc.
Work experiences in companies and institutions such as NGOs, Public administration, Non-profit organizations, etc., preferably with an international dimension, will be positively evaluated.
Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English or that have not completed a programme taught entirely in English, are required to provide evidence of a B2 level of English proficiency; either via a certificate (TOEFL/iBT, Academic IELTS) or via a Skype interview with the Master committee.
General entry requirements
- Completion of at least an undergraduate degree, obtained after a minumum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS):
- EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained before the start of the programme.
- Non-EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained at least two months prior to the start of the programme.
- Università Cattolica will evaluate candidates’ academic and personal background and decide if they meet the specific conditions for admission to the chosen graduate programme.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Public Diplomacy & International Relations
- Global issues and public diplomacy: Historical and comparative approaches
- International economic policies and organizations
- Soft power and global communication
- Models of cultural diplomacy: Global/European/National policies and practices
- Cultural diplomacy and business diplomacy
- Nation branding and strategic narratives
Media & Digital Diplomacy
- Digital diplomacy: Technologies and new media in the new public diplomacy
- Social media strategies and global online reputation
Workshops, Project Works, Seminars, Meetings and Final Project
- Team building & soft skills workshop (communication management, teamwork and collaboration, problem solving and conflict resolution)
- Field projects
- Final project work
Scholarships & funding
- Number of scholarships available: 5
- Scholarship value: €Up to €3000
Tuition fees: €10,000
Total ECTS: 60
The Master in Cultural Diplomacy program offers a wide range of professional opportunities, including:
- Communication management in international organizations, NGOs and foundations
- Management of international relations for Cities and local administrations
- EU organizations and local representations
- Management of international affairs and global communication in multinational companies
- International relations in media and broadcasting companies
- Planning and communication of global mega events
- International consulting firms
- International research institutes
About this institute
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Università Cattolica students and alumni feel fortunate to be part of the largest private university in Europe, characterised by a strong commitment to providing dedicated services to students and by its recognised academic quality.Studying at Cattolica means studying in an...
Why study at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largest private university in Europe
Historical University with 100 years of history, largest private university in Europe for number of enrolled students. True international experience, more than 150 different nationalities represented in amazing destinations such as Milan, Rome, Brescia, Cremona and Piacenza.
Internationally recognized quality teaching
Multidisciplinary university with 12 different Schools, 40+ English taught programmes at all study levels in several different study fields. 13 of our academic disciplines are listed in the top 300, QS Global Rankings by Subject (2021).
Exceptionally strong ties with the industry
Exposure and connections to relevant employers of the highest prestige: industrial ties with the most globally renowned companies, allowing networking and internship opportunities. With an exceptional graduate placement rate after studying, we rank number 1 in the country for Employer-Student Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020).
Want to know more about Specializing Master Cultural Diplomacy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...