About this program
MSc Physics for Technologies and Innovation
The Master in Physics for Technologies and Innovation is a two-year programme designed for talented physicists and students with a background in STEM disciplines who want to develop top-notch and multidisciplinary skills to enter the new business context. The goal of the programme is to merge basic knowledge in hardcore science with soft and hard skills in data science and innovation/entrepreneurship.
The specific learning objectives of the course will be:
- Deep knowledge of the physical principles driving the development of the next-decades leading technologies, with particular focus on the fields of electronics, photonics, nanotechnologies, optoelectronics, photon and energy harvesting, quantum technologies.
- Core knowledge of the most widespread coding tools to manage big data and of artificial-intelligence-based techniques to tackle technological, strategy and business problems.
- The ability to recognise the potential for innovating products and processes and to transpose fundamental knowledge in hard science into innovative technological ideas and original approaches to solve problems.
- Core knowledge of the entrepreneurial instruments necessary to create value from novel technologies and data management.
- Relational skills for operating in technology-oriented non-academical contexts that are intrinsically multidisciplinary and highly international.
- Strategic vision of the market and trends in technology.
Bachelor degree in physics, engineering, or materials science.
English language proficiency requirements
Candidates need to satisfy the English language proficiency requirement in order to submit their application.
- Academic IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL iBT: 84
- Cambridge English: First, Advanced, Proficiency: 173
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage, Business: 173
General entry requirements
The entry requirements are based on the latest guidelines for admission published by the Italian Ministry for Education.
Eligible candidates need to hold a valid high school diploma.
Eligible candidates need to hold an undergraduate degree obtained after a minimum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS), which satisfies the requirements for access to second-level academic studies in the awarding country. If candidates have undertaken less than 15 years of total schooling, they may not be eligible for admission to a Laurea Magistrale.
The degree has to be issued by a higher education institution which is regularly accredited or recognized in the awarding country.
The undergraduate degree must be obtained before 31 July 2021.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced techniques for physics research
- Quantum physics of atoms and molecules
- Solid state physics
- Statistical mechanics and complex systems
- One elective course among:
- Advanced solid state physics
- Quantum electronics and photonics
- 12 ECTS among:
- Design thinking and start-up launch
- Economics of innovation
- Organizing and leading change
- Project financing and open innovation
- Technologies in action lab
- Data analysis: techniques and tools
- IT coding for data science
- One elective course among:
- Two elective courses among:
- Coding for data science applications
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Cloud computing technologies
- Data management
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Business analytics and data-driven decision making
- Low temperature physics and quantum technologies
- Physics applied to energetic systems
- Non-linear optics
- Internship in partner companies
- Final dissertation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fees for 2021/2022:
- Minimum fees for EU students: €3,600 (for lower family incomes and cheaper courses) per year
- Maximum fees for EU students: €9,300 (for higher family incomes and more expensive courses) per year
- Non-EU students: €8,540
- Degree awarded: Master's degree in Physics
- Total ECTS: 120
Graduates from the Master in Physics for Technologies and Innovation will be ready to enter the world of new technologies and innovative business in large companies, small and medium enterprises, start-ups, incubators, science and technology parks, public administrations. In particular, the Master will target the Innovation Manager profile, which is emerging as the key figure to drive the digital and technological transformation of SMEs and large industries or industry networks.
Message the school
About this institute
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Università Cattolica students and alumni feel fortunate to be part of the largest private university in Europe, characterised by a strong commitment to providing dedicated services to students and by its recognised academic quality.Studying at Cattolica means studying in an...
Why study at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largest private university in Europe
Historical University with 100 years of history, largest private university in Europe for number of enrolled students. True international experience, more than 150 different nationalities represented in amazing destinations such as Milan, Rome, Brescia, Cremona and Piacenza.
Internationally recognized quality teaching
Multidisciplinary university with 12 different Schools, 40+ English taught programmes at all study levels in several different study fields. 13 of our academic disciplines are listed in the top 300, QS Global Rankings by Subject (2021).
Exceptionally strong ties with the industry
Exposure and connections to relevant employers of the highest prestige: industrial ties with the most globally renowned companies, allowing networking and internship opportunities. With an exceptional graduate placement rate after studying, we rank number 1 in the country for Employer-Student Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020).
Want to know more about MSc Physics for Technologies and Innovation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...