BSc Food Production Management
The Food Production Management programme curriculum provides knowledge and skills for students aiming at managing the different levels of the agri-food chains. Students learn the innovative principles and techniques of agriculture, from the fields to the table, to produce safe, sustainable and high quality food. Focus will be on the supply chains of dairy, cured meats, viticulture, cereals and horticultural produce. In particular, high quality “Made in Italy” products value chains are used as study cases.
The competences acquired on the degree can be applied to:
- the production, quality and sanitation in ‘made in Italy” husbandry;
- the transformation and conservation techniques of plant and animal products;
- food safety and legislation;
- the impact on environmental sustainability;
- aspects relating to the economic valorisation of agri-food products, with particular emphasis on those of Italian tradition and to the management of the enterprises.
It is the first degree programme of this kind in Italy entirely focused on agri-food sustainability and its economic and environmental components.
English language proficiency requirements
Candidates need to upload a recognized English language certificate to the online application.
- Academic IELTS: 6.0
- TOELF iBT: 84
- Cambridge English: First, Advanced, Proficiency: 173
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage, Business Higher: 173
- Cambridge IGCSE First Language English: D
- Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language: C
General diploma requirements
The following requirements are based on the guidelines for admission published every year by the Italian Ministry for Education.
All candidates must:
- complete high school studies and hold their Secondary School Diploma before August 30, 2021
- hold a high school qualification conferred after a minimum of 12 years of previous global schooling and achieved after at least 2 years of attendance within the same national education system.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied statistics and physics
- Plant physiology and genetics
- Applied agronomy and horticulture
- Food economics
- Applied agri-food microbiology
- Food technology
- Crop protection
- Animal science
- Sustainability & Food law
- The Wine Trail
- Applied viticulture
- Applied enology
- Integrated vineyard protection
- Food safety
- Cheese and Cured Meat Hub
- Milk, meat production and technology
- Microbiology of diary and meat food
- Tomato, Pasta and Bakery Hub
- Vegetable production and technology
- Cereal grains, processing and technology
- Free programs
- Internship and Final exam
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fees for 2021/2022:
- Minimum fees for EU students: €3500 (for lower family incomes and cheaper courses) per year
- Maximum fees for EU students: €9200 (for higher family incomes and more expensive courses) per year
- Non-EU students: €8040
- Degree awarded: Laurea in Food Production Management
- Total ECTS: 180
The programme provides knowledge and skills for students aiming at managing the different levels of the agri-food chains (input supplying companies, farms, food processors, traders and retailers, support organizations) particularly in those situations where interactions along the value chains represent a success factor for improving and maintaining products’ quality, sustainability and, above all, market performance. This programme gives access to graduate programmes: for example our Master of Science in Agricultural and Food Economics, or a Master in Viticulture and Enology.
About this institute
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Università Cattolica students and alumni feel fortunate to be part of the largest private university in Europe, characterised by a strong commitment to providing dedicated services to students and by its recognised academic quality.Studying at Cattolica means studying in an...
Why study at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largest private university in Europe
Historical University with 100 years of history, largest private university in Europe for number of enrolled students. True international experience, more than 150 different nationalities represented in amazing destinations such as Milan, Rome, Brescia, Cremona and Piacenza.
Internationally recognized quality teaching
Multidisciplinary university with 12 different Schools, 40+ English taught programmes at all study levels in several different study fields. 13 of our academic disciplines are listed in the top 300, QS Global Rankings by Subject (2021).
Exceptionally strong ties with the industry
Exposure and connections to relevant employers of the highest prestige: industrial ties with the most globally renowned companies, allowing networking and internship opportunities. With an exceptional graduate placement rate after studying, we rank number 1 in the country for Employer-Student Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020).
Want to know more about BSc Food Production Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic
's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch), Netherlands
Knoxville, United States of America