BSc Communication Management
The undergraduate degree in Communication Management (COMMA) is a unique programme designed for students interested in learning about communication in the fields of fashion and food, while understanding what role sustainability plays in these sectors, the principles and practice of sustainable development in the context of urban cultures, as well as why the number of food and fashion bloggers is growing. Combining sociology and media studies, psychology and economics, history and political science, together with law, the programme provides a coherent interdisciplinary curriculum that allows students to develop their understanding of how communication works in the creative industries and in particular in fashion and food.
Programme-specific entry requirements
This curriculum requires entry students to demonstrate interdisciplinary capacity and a genuine passion for cultural diversity, media and the worlds of fashion and food.
Applications will be ranked by a variety of academic and non-academic factors, the primary of which are high school performance and the motivation essay.
Candidates whose GPA is 75% or above (31 points for IB Diploma curriculum) will be given priority consideration for admission into the programme as long as places are available.
Candidates whose GPA is below 75% are still encouraged to apply, their profiles will be evaluated case-by-case by a dedicated commission as long as places are available.
Candidates following the A-level curriculum will be evaluated by predicted grades for each subject choice; there are no specific subject requirements.
English language proficiency requirements
Candidates need to upload a recognized English language certificate to the online application.
- Academic IELTS: 6.0
- TOELF iBT: 84
- Cambridge English: First, Advanced, Proficiency: 173
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage, Business Higher: 173
- Cambridge IGCSE First Language English: D
- Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language: C
General diploma requirements
All candidates must:
- complete high school studies and hold their Secondary School Diploma before August 30, 2021
- hold a high school qualification conferred after a minimum of 12 years of previous global schooling and achieved after at least 2 years of attendance within the same national education system.
Qualifications obtained after 11 or 10 years of global schooling do not allow access to Italian universities, unless candidates satisfy one of the following additional conditions:
- They attended one (in case of 11 years) or two (in case of 10 years) years of university studies and took all the exams included in the relevant study plan. No transfer of credits can be requested for the university studies.
- They can provide evidence that they attended a pre-school year (this usually applies to some Latin American countries), which can be taken into consideration only if its attendance was compulsory, and its syllabus included development of reading and writing skills in the local language. Its validity must be certified by the relevant Italian Embassy.
- They successfully completed a Foundation Course from an Italian University. Foundations courses from non-Italian universities are not automatically accepted and their suitability as diploma integration will be evaluated case by case.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Contemporary history
- Economics for business and management (I): firm, consumer and markets
- Lab on advertising: motivation, emotion, and experience
- Lab on management tools (spreadsheets; databases etc.)
- Law for fashion and food
- Material and cultural studies
- MOD. 1 Material and cultural studies
- MOD. 2 Fashion and food systems
- Research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative methods)
- Social psychology
- Economics for business & management (II): Imperfect competition and strategic thinking
- Ethics and models of consumption
- Italian for communication (Italian language and culture or Italian culture and heritage)
- Persuasive communication
- Political science with a lab on policies for sustainability
- Principles of management and accounting
- Social history of media
- Sociology of media and communication
- An elective course on a foreign language
- Arabic language and culture
- Chinese language and culture
- Advanced English for Communication Management
- Applied social psychology: food and fashion
- Creative industries and cluster policies
- Digital & platform media
- Mod. 1: Strategies
- Mod. 2: Tools and analytics
- Possible alternatives (for students unable to undertake an internship)
- Lab on fashion film
- Lab on food design
- Eligible courses
- Communication design
- Communication for sustainability
- Digital media planning
- Events and exhibitions as communication tools
- Nutrition and food
- PR and digital PR
- Social media marketing
- Storytelling for fashion and food
- Transparency and traceability for communication
- Visual culture and multisensoriality
- Final dissertation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fees for 2021/2022:
- Minimum fees for EU students: €3500 (for lower family incomes and cheaper courses) per year
- Maximum fees for EU students: €9200 (for higher family incomes and more expensive courses) per year
- Non-EU students: €8190
- Degree awarded: Degree in Communication and Society
- Total ECTS: 180
Graduates can expect to be employed, among many other opportunities, as:
- Junior social media manager
- Junior innovation manager
- Junior PR officer
- Junior account
- Business developer in a start-up company
- Product manager in creative industries
- Junior marketing specialist
About this institute
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Università Cattolica students and alumni feel fortunate to be part of the largest private university in Europe, characterised by a strong commitment to providing dedicated services to students and by its recognised academic quality.Studying at Cattolica means studying in an...
Why study at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largest private university in Europe
Historical University with 100 years of history, largest private university in Europe for number of enrolled students. True international experience, more than 150 different nationalities represented in amazing destinations such as Milan, Rome, Brescia, Cremona and Piacenza.
Internationally recognized quality teaching
Multidisciplinary university with 12 different Schools, 40+ English taught programmes at all study levels in several different study fields. 13 of our academic disciplines are listed in the top 300, QS Global Rankings by Subject (2021).
Exceptionally strong ties with the industry
Exposure and connections to relevant employers of the highest prestige: industrial ties with the most globally renowned companies, allowing networking and internship opportunities. With an exceptional graduate placement rate after studying, we rank number 1 in the country for Employer-Student Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020).
Want to know more about BSc Communication Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Honolulu, United States of America
Alliance, United States of America
Alabama, United States of America
Kent, United States of America