The Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at Universiti Utara Malaysia College of Arts and Sciences (UUM CAS) in Malaysia is an education programme in the field of programming, modelling, and management of information technology.
UUM CAS' 3-year Bachelor of of Information Technology (Honours) teaches students how best to keep up with emerging technologies within IT. Students gain the knowledge required to design, model, and solve real-world business problems, as well as to analyse and support management function and business computing.
Education courses included in this Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) are:
- Data Structure & Algorithm Analysis
- System Analysis and Design
- Database System & Information Retrieval
- Software Engineering
- Information System in Organization
- Mathematics For Information Technology
- Statistics for Information Technology
- Information Technology Project Management
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours), graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of information technology, working as database administrators, software engineers, software programmers, IT consultants, data managers, or programmer analysts.
Admission requirements for the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at Universiti Utara Malaysia College of Arts and Sciences (UUM CAS) in Malaysia are:
- completion of a Matriculation Certificate from Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia;
- Three (3) principal passes in the STPM examination with at least Grade C in General Paper and Grade C in two other subjects obtained at one sitting;
- Diploma from institutions recognised by the Government of Malaysia and the Senate of the University;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) examination with at least Jayyid;
- At least three (3) principal passes in the General Certificate of Education 'Advanced Level' (GCE) 'A' Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained at one sitting;
- Any other qualifications that are recognised by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above;
- Applicants are required to take the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) before applying for our undergraduate programmes.
- English and Bahasa Malaysia are the two primary languages used for instruction in the University, depending on the specific programme of study.
- Applicants wishing to pursue their studies in programmes with English as a medium of instruction must present a score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 5.5 points in the test administered by the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS).
- Applicants who are unable to submit satisfactory results in any of the above tests may take up language proficiency courses at the University to fulfil the admission requirements.
UUM CAS College of Arts & Sciences
The Universiti Utara Malaysia College of Arts & Sciences (UUM CAS) is an excellent institution of higher education located in Malaysia and whose vision it is to be a centre of excellence and reference in the arts and sciences. Students...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.