Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Applications: Stochastic Tools and Computational Methods for Decision
This program offers advanced on statistical analysis, machine learning and
computer tools for handling data.
This program allows to continue with doctoral studies, either in an academic context or in an industrial context (collaboration between industry and UPPA)
The master is fully taught in English and is hosted at the College of Sciences and Technologies for Energy and Environment (STEE) of the Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) in France.
The STEE College has been founded within the framework
of the prestigious French Initiative of Excellence label
I-SITE (Initiatives Sciences, Innovation, Territories and Economy), obtained by our E2S-UPPA project.
- CECRL B2 level in English, or CECRL B1 level in English and CECRL B2 level in French. All teaching materials will be provided both in English and French. Students are allowed to use English or French during exams.
- All students who have completed four years in a higher education institution can apply.
Limited number of students: 30 per year
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
• Monte Carlo methods 4 ECTS
• Survival analysis 4 ECTS
• Reliability theory 4 ECTS
• Design of experiments 4 ECTS
• Machine learning and data mining 6 ECTS
• Advanced statistics (may not open) 6 ECTS
• Advanced applied probability (may not open) 6 ECTS
• Data challenge 2 ECTS
• Literature review 2 ECTS
• Language: French as a Foreign Language / English as a Foreign language 2 ECTS
• Safety engineering 4 ECTS
• Internship 5 to 6 months 26 ECTS
At the end of this program, the students in MSID will be able to:
- Conduct an appropriate statistical analysis
- Apply any classical statistical methods
- Construct and analyze an experimental design
- Propose and analyze a stochastic model
- Implement stochastic simulation methods
- Manage databases
- This programme aims to provide strong skills in stochastic modeling and statistical methods for data
analysis, jointly with the associated computer tools.
- Courses are focusing both on applications in industry, especially in the area of quality control and
safety analysis, and on applications in datamining and machine learning.
- Courses are taught by academics but also by engineers
- According to the excellency of students and their desire to pursue doctoral studies, courses about « advanced statistics » and « advanced applied probability » can be offered.
About this institute
Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour
The University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) is a multidisciplinary university which covers three major areas of study: Law, economics, business, management Science and technology Literature, languages, arts, social sciences and humanities and sport UPPA offers its students...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Mathematics and Applications: Stochastic Tools and ComputationalMethods for Decision? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...