Master’s Degree in Mathematics and Applications: Mathematics, Modeling and Simulation
The program provides excellent training in many different areas of applied mathematics related to modelling and simulation with partial differential equations, with applications in fluid mechanics, waves propagation, porous media, etc.
This program provides access to doctoral studies, either in an academic context or in an industrial context (collaboration between industry and UPPA).
The program is carried out in close collaboration with the LMAP research laboratory where scientific and experimental practicals will be performed. Students will also benefit from the global research environment and administrative support of the University and of the E2S I-site program.
The master is fully taught in English and is hosted at the College of Sciences and Technologies for Energy and Environment (STEE) of the Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) in France.
The STEE College has been founded within the framework of the prestigious French Initiative of Excellence label I-SITE (Initiatives Sciences, Innovation, Territories and
Economy), obtained by our E2SUPPA project.
- CECRL B2 level in English, or CECRL B1 level in English and CECRL B2 level in French. Students are allowed to use English or French during exams.
- All students who have completed four years in a higher education
institution can apply. Sufficient skills in mathematics are needed (mathematical and numerical analysis). Limited number of students: 30 per year
- PDEs Analysis 5 ECTS
- Numerical Analysis of PDEs 5 ECTS
- High Performance Computing 4 ECTS
- Waves 4 ECTS
- Porous Media 4 ECTS
- Finite Volume Methods for Hyperbolic Systems 4 ECTS
- Stochastic PDE 4 ECTS
- Industrial Software 4 ECTS
- Fluid Mechanics 4 ECTS
- French as a foreign language 4 ECTS
- Internship 5 to 6 months 30 ECTS
At the end of this program, the students in MMS will be able to:
- Elaborate and analyze mathematical models arising from physics,
biology, geology, industry, etc.
- Elaborate and analyze numerical schemes
- Develop, adapt and use industrial or research softwares of
- This programme aims to provide strong skills in applied mathematics (partial differential equations analysis, numerical analysis, scientific computing and high performance computing, optimization).
- Courses are focusing on applications in industrial problems, fluid mechanics, waves propagation, optimal design...
- This programme prepares students for leading positions in private and public organisations in research and development departments.
Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour
The University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) is a multidisciplinary university which covers three major areas of study: Law, economics, business, management Science and technology Literature, languages, arts, social sciences and humanities and sport UPPA offers its students...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Mathematics and Applications: Mathematics, Modeling and Simulation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.